View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't know how many times it needs to be said, THE PFS WILL NOT CO-OPERATE WITH KC AND OTHER RESCUE SOCIETIES IF THEY ARE BEING PUT UNDER SCRUTINY!!! I just don't get how people can criticise what KC is doing. Makes no sense at all. Until there are changes in the law, nothing that KC or any other Rescue does is going to make a difference to the PFs. At least KC is actually doing something positive, even if it is only a small percentage of the ex-breeders that are going on to better lives, with hers and others' help.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have a friend who rescued an ex-breeding bitch. She is a delightful little dog now and everyone she meets is regaled with the story of the dreadful conditions these dogs were kept in, plus a lecture about getting a dog from a rescue or a reputable source. If my friend hadn`t rescued the dog it would be dead - and hundreds of people would not have been told about the her origins.
So should your friend be castigated for taking one of these dogs and making room for another one to take its place or should she be applauded for doing something to help and dog and doing a lot more to educate the public.

Hats off to your friend and you for sharing the story and hugs to her little dog.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:42 AM
OK was worse than thought and I can be a tough cookie
Girls horrendous Zoe has huge mammory tumour and extremely thin and older Zoe is quite blind and even thinner.
Had to shave the faeces matts out as the smell was horrific, I had to get my friend to help as was awful then home with me for bath, scrub and bed.
And death is to good for puppy farmers they are scum.

After cutting matts out

On Isabell you cant see it but she is much thinner than her sister Zoe her skin was sinking and bones potruding

Bath

Isabell is anorexic although wasnt her choice not to it, all her features are sunken

In cosy bed after haircut and bath and food just vets now

I am not a fan of clothes on dogs but we had to take the grade of to get matted faeces out so need extra warmth
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I bet they think they have gone to heaven!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:46 AM
God love them, I hope they now have the chance of the life they deserve.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:55 AM
I think little ole Isabel may stay me and Oh just want her to be ok. And Zoe a bit younger and more outgoing. They are booked in Friday morning for spey, dental and Zoes tumour removal just hope they not to thin.
These breeders have no remorse, I had to be nice to her which was hideous and she told me when people come they move pups to house on there own so people dont know as people can be queer about puppy farms as "she loves her dogs" her words about 20 times.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Forgot this one of Zoe, couldnt take pics of Isabel as wretched and OH did her as the bones made me ill

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Bless you!
Those girls deserve to know some kindness
How anyone can look at dogs like that and have no problems telling you they love them

So what can we do to help get these places shut down??
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
as long as there is money to be made animals will suffer, thank goodness some one will take in the ex breeders as they would proberly just be thrown away, good luck and bless all who take the trouble to help these poor dogs that have spent their little lives making money for humans xx
Totally agree with this.

The human race disgusts me at times.....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
So should your friend be castigated for taking one of these dogs and making room for another one to take its place or should she be applauded for doing something to help and dog and doing a lot more to educate the public.
Spot Lets get one thing clear here ...

No one has castigated anyone
No one has said anyone shouldn't rescue any dogs.
It has just been pointed out that the actions of some well meaning people when rescuing some dogs may lead to unfortunate consequences for may other dogs and the puppies they produce.

As you seem intent on turning this into an argument I will start a thread for you in the debates section.
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »