Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Awww those Rotties are just gorgeous

Whatever the situations are surrounding the "ex-breeders" that you are going to get tomorrow, I am just so pleased that there is someone there to help these little loves get to a loving home like they deserve.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I have to admit I have concerns with this too.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I have always had great concerns with the puppy farms as everytime I have an ex breeder it breaks my heart.

But seriously what do you think would happen to them otherwise?
Its only in the last few years ourselves and other rescues have taking the ex breeders but before that do you think the breeders kept them and they lived there days out happily..........No they were shot or drowned and if lucky PTS by a vet.
So this is huge progress we dont want them going back to that and its the Welsh authoritys that are the only ones with the power to stop it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Mmmmmm but by taking them on,you know that another young dog is going to take it's place....
I have no idea what the answer is...
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
as long as there is money to be made animals will suffer, thank goodness some one will take in the ex breeders as they would proberly just be thrown away, good luck and bless all who take the trouble to help these poor dogs that have spent their little lives making money for humans xx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Look forward to seeing pic's of the newbies.
The pups and mum are gorgeous, the mum doesn't look very old in that pic does she.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree...fantastic they get new lives, but it is the fact that they will just be replaced by other younger dogs...surely any rehoming should coincide with education and work to stop the trade of puppy farms?
I don't think it should just be said 'it happens and they need a home'...thats like buying a pup from a puppy farm surely? They need homes too...but to buy them perpetuates the trade.
If these exbreeders are rescued, surely it should coincide with something to STOP them being replaced by a younger, fitter dog?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Mmmmmm but by taking them on,you know that another young dog is going to take it's place....
I have no idea what the answer is...
But if we didnt take the ex breeder she would be killed and a young dog would still take her place.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
But if we didnt take the ex breeder she would be killed and a young dog would still take her place.
I'm not saying I have the answer to this sorry situation, I am saying that taking the exbreeders on can be compared to getting a pup from these puppy farmers.
What is needed is education...what is also needed is evidence that will stop these puppy farmers doing what they do. By just taking the bitches/stud dogs, without any education of evidence gathering, surely it is just like buying a pup from them?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 07:47 PM
If I went with a lecture for the puppy farmer tomorrow should would keep the dogs and tell me where to go and never give us any then whats their fate.
The councils and governing body know where they all are and what the conditions are.
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »