Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
But when I am out there giving 24/7 to a rescue and trust me longer hours than a full time job I will get on my blimmin high horse when I feel people are making out rescues always have issues and going to attack your family and dogs. As it narks me beyond belief people who have no idea come on sites gobbing of about something they know diddly about.
Sorry kcjack but many of us who have helped and do help with rescue did it as well as holding down a full time job. It isn't a competition about who does the most for rescue dogs. I believe anyone who helps out with rescue is doing a fine job and deserves a large pat on the back.

I also don't actually think that anyone on here is making out that rescues always have issues etcetc. If you have a look at the thread started by Hali, you will see that some of us do actually have rehomed dogs that have no issues at all.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Here we go again. A thread starts out as a polite dusscusion with differing views turns into a mud slinging extravaganza
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Ok Pidge getting a bit fed up of your expertise quite frankly.
You were giving your dog as a xmas present so not what I would call ideal circumstances and you clearly have a breed you are struggling to control so quite frankly where I am in your estimations doesnt really concern me.

But when I am out there giving 24/7 to a rescue and trust me longer hours than a full time job I will get on my blimmin high horse when I feel people are making out rescues always have issues and going to attack your family and dogs. As it narks me beyond belief people who have no idea come on sites gobbing of about something they know diddly about.
Why do you always feel it necessary to get so personal? You care deeply about rescue but you do it no favours with these personal, childish attacks.

If you want to educate people about rescue, you must first win their respect; something you are never going to do by insulting anyone who disagrees or questions. If you don't want to educate them, I guess you are not that interested in rescue.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
You were giving your dog as a xmas present so not what I would call ideal circumstances and you clearly have a breed you are struggling to control so quite frankly where I am in your estimations doesnt really concern me.

You've been told before. If you're going to lay into someone, get your facts straight!

Woody was purchased by us on 28 October 2008, after years of planning, with money given to us as a wedding gift from my Great Aunt.

We are coping quite well with him as a puppy and as a breed. Any questions I have asked on here have been the result of this being our first ever dog (apart from family ones) and the desire to make sure we do everything right. What has shown you that we are struggling with owning a Springer Spaniel?

I also work for The Blue Cross Animal Welfare Society.

So how does this make you automatically better than me?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
When did I say I was better than you and your telling me to get my facts straight, IRONIC
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I hate all these personal attacks, more so when people are posting such as pidge did for advice and others views,

the time will come when people will feel that any problem with there dog should not be put on the forum as it will be used against them,
PLEASE dont let it come to that, we should all be here for each other when problems with young dogs come up, Geez no one has the perfect dog, not even me! snigger snigger My perfect vinnie, with 100% recall, got out the car last week and chased a cat... ok not with intent to hurt it, more come eer till I sniff yer butt sorta thing, but the point being I called him and he didnt stop first time....

so if people feel the need, why not batter into me for that...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Sorry kcjack but many of us who have helped and do help with rescue did it as well as holding down a full time job. It isn't a competition about who does the most for rescue dogs. I believe anyone who helps out with rescue is doing a fine job and deserves a large pat on the back.

I also don't actually think that anyone on here is making out that rescues always have issues etcetc. If you have a look at the thread started by Hali, you will see that some of us do actually have rehomed dogs that have no issues at all.
Very well said. Great post.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I hate all these personal attacks, more so when people are posting such as pidge did for advice and others views,

the time will come when people will feel that any problem with there dog should not be put on the forum as it will be used against them,
PLEASE dont let it come to that, we should all be here for each other when problems with young dogs come up, Geez no one has the perfect dog, not even me! snigger snigger My perfect vinnie, with 100% recall, got out the car last week and chased a cat... ok not with intent to hurt it, more come eer till I sniff yer butt sorta thing, but the point being I called him and he didnt stop first time....

they'd have to be a braver person than me to batter you
Seriously, very good post (can't give you any reppies )

There were some really well made posts on both sides which I think had made everyone think about the other point of view...but its now in danger of being ruined by mudslinging.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Difference is I am out there helping not sat on the internet hindering

When did I say I was better than you and your telling me to get my facts straight, IRONIC
There you go. All of that smacks of "look how great I am". As for the other stuff you've said about me, you got it abit wrong, didn't you. Silly.

You are doing a great thing, but making no one on here respect you because of the way you speak to people. Not a sensible move if you ask me.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

You should have had vinnie under more control, and its plain to see he doesnt have 100% recall and how do you he would have sniffed it That sort of thing. Sorry couldnt resist.
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »