Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Anyone doing agility with patterdales?

I'm due to start agility with Momo my Patterdale on saturday. Is there anyone else running patterdales? I'm a little worried that i might not be fast enough for her.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I have done quite a bit of agility over the last 6 years with my Kerry Blue terriers and have not seen any Patterdales but quite a few Jack Russells who can be very fast.

My bitch Cherry is 9 and blind in one eye and poorly sighted in the other and she is still really fast so you probably haven't got a hope of keeping up with your Patterdale unless you are Linford Christie!
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I've seen quite a lot of Patterdales at the shows and they are very fast little dogs! But don't worry about keeping up, lots of people handle from away from their dogs. I know one woman who is in her 70s and running a very, very fast little elderly Patterdale!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 06:48 PM
yes, lots and lots of patterdales on the agility circuit, there are a few super ones which have made it to crufts and olympia several times.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the repies, I feel much better now. I think it'll take me more time to get it than Momo, she's just so clever. If fact she's been easier to train than my Labrador he was a dream to train, if not a little on the lazy side.