Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:13 PM

Fantastic to see

I went over the shop earlier and as I came back, walking towards me was 4 guys with a Bull Breed.
The guys all dressed in designer hoodies and trainers etc etc ....you get the picture.
They were Asian chaps, nothing against that but around here when you see this combination its usually a heart stopping moment, as the dogs get kicked or are running loose etc., status dogs etc.,

Well.........I actually complimented the guy handling her...... yep I went over and said....''can I just say, credit where credit due, you have restored my faith in the younger hoodie generation and its been a pleasure to watch''

Because......

He had her on the right type of harness(with a lead on )....not the macho type ones.
He changed direction when she pulled.....not kicked,yelled and hit her.
He was telling her softly but firmly...heel, good girl etc etc
He gave her treat everytime she got it right.
He sat her at the road to cross and gave her a treat, with a ''good girl well done''
He told her to sit so I could stroke her.
He told me she is going to training classes and he is trying for her bronze
She was called Sasha and he had only had her 2 months (she was 5 months old)
and because the man who owned her before could not produce the papers to say she had definately been vaccination.....he was just taking her to the vets to get them done again and check when he could have her spayed as he didn't want her being pinched and bred from.........

I was so flabbergasted I nearly fell over my jaw

I have to say she did sort of look like the ones they seize, but he told me that he had even been looking into that as he wanted her to be a pet and nothing else so thats why he had her at training classes etc etc

My God for round here he's a kid in a million and all that for a guy around 19/20 I just had to praise his efforts.....he went off with a huge smile on his face....but he's made my day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2012, 12:15 PM
So nice to hear something positive for a change. Well done him.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Great isn`t it? In my area I`ve noticed for a while that the staffs are getting back to the `normal` type (smallish friendly dogs rather than jaws on legs) and are being trained. Let`s hope it continues.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So nice to hear something positive for a change. Well done him.
I was so impressed Lynn I nearly gave him a tenner for his efforts

she was a beauty too, champagne colour with gorgeous greenish eyes, I was so gob smacked I actually stood and watched him teaching her
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Great isn`t it? In my area I`ve noticed for a while that the staffs are getting back to the `normal` type (smallish friendly dogs rather than jaws on legs) and are being trained. Let`s hope it continues.
She was more the pitbull type, but to see ..and I mean SEE a young stereo type training....it was awesome
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:24 PM
This made me smile
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
This made me smile
It made me more than smile........he will be the odd one out for round here, owning and training WOW spot on to him Im soooooooooooooooooooo impressed
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Lets hope it catches on Hopefully his mate's will see a well trained dog and get jealous and want theirs to be too
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Should have got him on here, we like pictures
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I noticed earlier that most of the dogs up for adoption on here were SBTs.

When back in the UK last month I could see with my own eyes just how many of them there are around now (both with and without their owners). I couldn't leave my son's house in Bracknell without seeing one!

On the same day I can relate a 'tale of 2 SBTs'.

One, my sister's rescue dog, Munch, attended the birthday picnic down at the River in Reading - was a firm favourite with everyone - under total happy control off the lead the whole time - delighting the kids and happily greeting every other dog in the vicinity.

The other, on Reading Station, on my way there, accompanied by a couple who did not look very approachable themselves.

There was a blind man on the train in my carriage. A friend had got on and taken his case at the previous stop so he only had his backpack and dog to deal with at Reading.

The only help he asked for was 'what side is the platform?' as we slowed down at Reading. He got off with his dog (a golden retriever type) and as he passed this couple with the SBT - it lurched and strained at the leash and started barking and growling like a monster almost right up in the face of the guide dog.

They were laughing and saying 'we've got him don't worry' when someone pointed out the man was blind - then they just responded sulkily 'how where we s'posed to know that?'

Jesus. All credit to this man who just stood still and EVEN MORE credit to his wonderful dog who did not flinch or retaliate in any way. Just sat down right next to him between him and the snarling SBT.

They do have 'a bad name' and it's obvious not all of them deserve that. But it's also obvious that some of them do (even if it is due to the way they've been raised).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >