View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Trouble is he is a supporting member and presumably paid to advertise as well.
The up side is that he lives in America
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Trouble is he is a supporting member and presumably paid to advertise as well.
The up side is that he lives in America
Nippy, unless I am very much mistaken, I think that any supporting member can advertise without having to pay any extra. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

But I do not think any Dogsey member will actually believe in the "wonders" of the product he keeps pushing.

Especially when it is stated that the disc can be used on new born pups.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Yes, it's a MLM scam. It was trying to get people to invest in the actual marketing of the product as well as then trying to get people to BUY the product.

ALL the claims I've seen that are positive on the product merely talk about how great it's description is. There is nothing saying it actually worked.

Everything looks like people were paid to promote the products and from what I can tell, it's a MLM scam.

It's worked tremendously as it's said that millions of fake, and useless tags have been sold. Catandog's, an Austrian company, first made a product like this... their base theory was then stolen by GoldStar and "Pet Protector" was then marketed off.

Here is a legit site with a legit review of Catandog's tag:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/cat-accessor...-disc/1227228/

As you can see, the date on that is in 09, and Pet Protector is fairly new. As this OP has a Blue "HEALER" it's pretty clear he's not too keen in the dog world, anyway!

In the end, Pet Protector is a scam MLM, illegal, pyramid, fake business. They sell fake tags to tons of people, and ensnare people into "linking" with their business.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 09:27 AM
I think you should be a little more careful what you put out there on a public forum regarding any business Moyra.

MLM companies are not all scams. That is not to say they do not require more looking into and regulation etc. or that they are to be 'recommended'.

Same sort of methodology as pyramid selling. You sign up and have to recruit others and they sign up and so on and on. You don't physically sell the product at all. You just have to keep 'recommending' it and so do those you 'enlist'.

I wouldn't touch a scheme like this with a bargepole. Nor would I buy a product that is promoted in this way.

People DO make money - those in early and at the top. When you know how it operates you can understand why those who've become involved are so DESPERATE to keep on promoting it everywhere.

They are intrinsically unstable, guaranteed by design to oversaturate the market with no one noticing. MLMs can never equalize into profitability the way companies in the real world can, so that the result will be that the organization as a whole cannot, even in theory, be profitable. When this inevitable destiny occurs, the only money to be made is not from the product or service but from the losses of people lower down in the organization.

Thus the MLM organization becomes exploitative, and many high-level MLM promoters have been shut down, the "executives" incarcerated, for selling the fraud of impossible success to others. Other, larger MLMs have survived by hiring large batteries of attorneys to ward off federal prosecutors, even bragging about the funds they have in reserve for this purpose.

The unfortunate "distributor" at the bottom is the loser, and once this becomes apparent beyond all the slick videotapes and motivational pep-talks, good people start to get a bad taste in their mouths about the whole situation.

So, yes, money can be made with MLM. The question is whether the money being made is legitimate or "made" via a sophisticated con scheme. And if MLM is "doomed by design" to fail, then the answer is, unfortunately, the latter.
In short I'd say that the OP may well have been within their rights as a member here and also within the law using this site to promote.

By the same token I think people who ARE aware of how these companies operate are also within their rights making others aware of them and indeed 'warning' people not to get involved.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I think you should be a little more careful what you put out there on a public forum regarding any business Moyra.

MLM companies are not all scams. That is not to say they do not require more looking into and regulation etc. or that they are to be 'recommended'.

Same sort of methodology as pyramid selling. You sign up and have to recruit others and they sign up and so on and on. You don't physically sell the product at all. You just have to keep 'recommending' it and so do those you 'enlist'.

I wouldn't touch a scheme like this with a bargepole. Nor would I buy a product that is promoted in this way.

People DO make money - those in early and at the top. When you know how it operates you can understand why those who've become involved are so DESPERATE to keep on promoting it everywhere.

In short I'd say that the OP may well have been within their rights as a member here and also within the law using this site to promote.

By the same token I think people who ARE aware of how these companies operate are also within their rights making others aware of them and indeed 'warning' people not to get involved.
I'm going to allow you to point out to me where I said ALL MLM business opportunities or companies are scams. I'm sure you'll have a bit of a time doing that, madam. I said THIS MLM company is a scam.

The OP and whoever owns this business and everything else can attack me with everything they've got, because I'm NOT taking it back. They've got nothing and honestly... they can "bring it on".

The OP paid their money and can post whatever they like, you tell me when I said they couldn't. I'm just saying that the product is crap, the idea is stolen, and that I'd never recommend buying, selling, or promoting anything backed or endorsed by Pet Protector or GoldStar.

This company has sold sooo many of these things, and I KNOW they make a lot of money... when did I say they didn't?

What they're doing is promoting and making claims that aren't true. They also stole another companies idea and product. That's illegal. Their product doesn't work, and there is not one legitimate source that says it does.

Like you pointed out, all their "testers" are from their own company (lots of other things surrounding them are suspect as well) and I assume the OP hasn't been back because he realized that people were onto him.

You might be right that I need to hold my "fingers" on public forums, but frankly... it's whatever. What's done is done. They may do as they wish with my words. Also, you should know that I post what I feel and who I am on public forums, I don't have anything to hide... and people's opinions on my life and words are merely that, opinions.

Finally, in case you cared at all.. my name is spelled Myra. I thought you were just typoing it when I saw it before.. but now I realize that it's simply an error.

Have a good one!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 11:40 AM
I repeat what I said. Do your research - this company is legal. Scammers are illegal. I am in NO WAY recommending them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I repeat what I said. Do your research - this company is legal. Scammers are illegal. I am in NO WAY recommending them.
Kthxbai Tangutica
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I disagree that this poster can post whatever she wants.
We have posting guide lines and no4 says NO SPAMMING or using the site to advertise products.
This is just what Thebeachworks is doing. His posts here I believe have been soley to push his weird product
By discussing this post we are giving the OT further publicity so I am withdrawing now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I disagree that this poster can post whatever she wants.
We have posting guide lines and no4 says NO SPAMMING or using the site to advertise products.
This is just what Thebeachworks is doing. His posts here I believe have been soley to push his weird product
By discussing this post we are giving the OT further publicity so I am withdrawing now.
Well said. My saying it was 'spamming' was based on the number of times they posted it.

No idea what Moyra's last post to me is supposed to mean?
Speaking in tongues?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Well said. My saying it was 'spamming' was based on the number of times they posted it.

No idea what Moyra's last post to me is supposed to mean?
Speaking in tongues?
I'm not sure why you insist on spelling my name wrong, to annoy me I guess. To be petty I could spell your name wrong each time I addressed you, but I won't even waste my time.

But I digress. The post meant "Okay, thanks, bye." I often forget that people on this site are often 40+ years old because of the way many of them address me. That being said, you'd of course not understand that meme.

Good day to you.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3