Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Dog toys returned

In the last week or so we've bought Marco a variety of new toys from Pets at Home - two of these were made by Ruff & Tuff, one was a yellow octopus (£15) and the other a yellow/black large ring (£9) and we have had to return both of these. It took Marco about 2 minutes to shred the octopus and about the same for the material to split on the ring.

Luckily the shop was happy to take them back, they said they had had a few of the octopus' returned --- find it crazy that he got through them in minutes and yet he's got other toys that he's never made a mark on.

Tonight we've bought him some kind of strange Kong toy and hopefully this will last a bit longer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I bought 2 of the squeaky pig toys for Cariad's babies and they had them shredded within a very short space of time, I was lucky they didn't swallow the squeaker thingy.
When I went back and told them what had happened, I was told that it was advisable to watch them with toys.......in other words they couldn't have cared less. I will never buy toys from there again.
Glad to hear that they at least took them back.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Bella loves to de-stuff some soft toys. I find the ones from Sainsbury's are excellent. The 'squeaker' is the size of the whole body - about the size of a small can. Far too big to swallow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2013, 10:10 PM
The answer to this problem is to get yourself down to the local Sunday 'boot sale' this is where I buy all the toys for Rianna. Once I saw a big box of fluffy toys and bought several, as it was near the end of the day the stallholder then said 'You can have the whole box for a fiver' so I did ended up with about twenty toys, when Bara was alive she would demolish one in a few hours so it was the only way to buy fluffy toys in our house.

Tang, do you have 'boot sales' in Cyprus
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Got to admit that I was surprised they took them back but very glad they did. Luckily we never leave him alone with toys, dread to think what could happen if we did!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
The answer to this problem is to get yourself down to the local Sunday 'boot sale' this is where I buy all the toys for Rianna. Once I saw a big box of fluffy toys and bought several, as it was near the end of the day the stallholder then said 'You can have the whole box for a fiver' so I did ended up with about twenty toys, when Bara was alive she would demolish one in a few hours so it was the only way to buy fluffy toys in our house.

Tang, do you have 'boot sales' in Cyprus
Not really. Sunday markets but they are a poor imitation of the real things!

We do have thrift shops and I've got toys for Bella in those. One speaks Greek when you push it - that's always good for a laugh sometimes we can't shut it up!

All her 'dog toys' I get when in the UK. Don't trust what they sell here to be good quality. And they are damned expensive too as is any dog clobber.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Am I the only person who re-stuffs and/or sews up split seams on toys then?

Pereg does not deliberately tear them but gets quite enthusiastic with some at times so I rescue "injured" ones and patch them up. There are currently one of her monkeys and a dinosaur waiting for surgery!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2013, 08:26 AM
We had a nasty experience with a toy from there, took it back and they gave us money back, exclaimed they would remove them from display as they were so dangerous but later that week they were still there and even now months later they are still selling them and people are still returning them and having emergency trips to the vet.