View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I think maybe it's a thread that shouldnt of been put in this section in my opinion and maybe in a working dogs thread.
I personally wont open any thread I find offensive and this offended me.
Not your fault maybe but please think of others when you post.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 11:43 PM
oh no, that was horrid.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I think maybe it's a thread that shouldnt of been put in this section in my opinion and maybe in a working dogs thread.
I personally wont open any thread I find offensive and this offended me.
Not your fault maybe but please think of others when you post.
I apologized and again Im apologizing. I didnt realize those were rats (or whichever) I honeslty just thought it was chicken. I didnt read the comments cause I never do. Again I didnt realize that it was something that I needed to be worried about offending anyone. Now I realized that I was wrong and made a mistake but I really dont know what else to say. And I hope its not making any judgements on me as a person. The dogs look in good weight and I just.....Im sry.......
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
I apologized and again Im apologizing. I didnt realize those were rats (or whichever) I honeslty just thought it was chicken. I didnt read the comments cause I never do. Again I didnt realize that it was something that I needed to be worried about offending anyone. Now I realized that I was wrong and made a mistake but I really dont know what else to say. And I hope its not making any judgements on me as a person. The dogs look in good weight and I just.....Im sry.......
Im sorry your feeling so bad, its not your fault, Im only a mentor I cant move your thread, I hope A Moderator does it for you soon so it doesnt offend anyone else and in turn upset you more.

I respect it wasnt done intentionally and think anyone else reading from now on will understand that.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
And I hope its not making any judgements on me as a person.

Heck no hun, please dont think like that :smt058
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Luckily my pc wouldn't let me see it (on old laptop as usual laptop getting fixed) but I did read the comments about it.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes I have to say it was odd, clearly the whip is used to control the dogs and also didn't seem to be that much food for that many dogs but I suppose if they are doing this several times a day then I suppose most will get enough.
To me looked like an old victorian side show.
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh dear, that was horrible those poor dogs

Definitely don't think it should be under the joke/funnies section though.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I couldnt see clearly what they were being fed I would have thought if the general public were there to watch, rats wouldnt have been on the menue? I wasnt overly offended to be honest, but didnt like the use of a whip, and would be more concerned with how many of the dogs missed out on getting a meal, there is no way of knowing which dogs got fed or not. not my cup of tea but the dogs looked healthy enough?

Mo
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I think if any dog habitually missed out they would soon loose condition and the Huntsman would notice. I don't hunt but I usually go and see the hunt go off from town on Boxing Day and has always been impressed by the way that such a roudy mob responds so well to the huntsman. They look such a cheery, confident lot without any sign of fear of the Huntsman so I would be inclined to think the whip is more of a signal than a threat. I always thought they were always fed on mass, although not generally as a spectacle in this country, so I don't find this offensive at all but agree it would be better in the working dog section where perhaps people do not have the same sensibilities to these things.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >