Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 03:00 PM

Tuscan Dream.. my horse

i dont think ive shown you all pics before???? sorry if i have!!! ive got a brain like a sieve!! but anyhow!!!.....

Meet Tuscan, my 11 year old ex-racer who is off work atm due to a tendon injury - you have probably read about him before.

His talents include: dragging me aroudn the yard, bucking, leaving the ground (all four hoofs off the ground - i kid you not)!, bronking and the best - rearing. He is nangy, grumpy, bucks in the stable and all of the above things but i love him to pieces and would never swap him for all the money in the world!!!

He's stuck with me for the rest of his life because no-one will want him!!!

So here he is - last year in the field - he was stillon box rest but can be walked out -

with his poorly leg:

and this contraption on his leg that supported his tendon from march 05 - july 05 - (he was at the 'horse hospital' for 2 months)

last one i promise!!!! this was when i worked at KFC (torture) - this was washed afterwards!!! lol

well done if u've got to here!! sorry if ive bored u!!

Suze x
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2007, 03:52 PM
dont be daft hes a lovely boy.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 04:00 PM
What a handsome boy. You are such a nice person to take on an ex racer!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 05:44 PM
He's an extremely handsome beast! Just lovely
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 06:02 PM
What a lovely lad he looks, and he sounds just like mine!!! You can't beat the tb for keeping you on your toes can ya!!! Mine used to leave the ground on all fours, but spin round at the same time, just to make sure I WAS awake!!! Nobody else would ride him either, can't understand why, coz I thought he was great fun!!

What a lovely clean stable you keep too, you put me to shame! I expect there'll be a long resting period for Tuscan with a tendon injury, so you're going to miss your riding for quite a while I'd say. I hope you stick to the vet's advice too about bringing him back into work coz if you rush it, you'llend up back at square one, especially with an ex-racer, it goes with the territory I'm afraid. I hope all goes well with his injury, and I hope he doesn't get up to too many of his tricks whilst stuck in that box!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Dobiegirl - thanks - a lot of people think ex-racers are all loney tunes and a waste of space - i disagree - some can be mental cases but the majority just dont understand what is being asked of them in their new career as a riding horse (IMO) - hence y they arnt for the novice/inexperienced rider. I wasnt supposed to actually buy him though i was goign to look at a foal, and fell in love with him - i am glad i did.

Helena54 -
he's got the all clear off the cet to go back into the sick paddock (field) but the weathers so rubbish atm - it's soo boggy - the insurance people said it's not worth the risk - wait until spring - the vet also agreed

i wouldnt pay out thousands of pounds to get him right (well mum paid - im a poor, student lol) - for him to go out in the field and tweek it to be back to square one - unfortunately - there wont eb a square one - the insurance is up on that leg - to give you an idea - he was in hospital for 7 weeks, the insurance limit (5 grand) ran out in 2 weeks

He's bin on box rest since march (march - may - hospital) - home for a month on total box rest - then being walked out 2wice a day for half an hour (build up v.slowly) until now - he had his scan last month (me thinks?) - and the vet gave him the all clear - but as i said - the grounds bad so we all dont want to chance it

He's a lovely lad though - id have another ex-racer 2morow if i had the funds - im after tuscan flyer now though lol - he's still runnng though - my tuscans brother/sister (not sure of mare or gelding)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:00 PM
My friend's got Frazer Island, he actually ran in the Grand National but dumped his rider half way round I think, well he jumped sooooo big he unseated him!! She kept him at the yard where I kept mine, and one morning when I went up to do their breakfasts, he came charging over from the next field, jumped the five bar gate, clipped his heals and ended up doing a somersault with the iron gate on top of his trapped in his legs!!!! He is a complete and utter nutcase, and she still has him!!!! Another friend of mine has got Bignor Hill and I used to ride out with her, now he was a gentle, quiet, absolute poppet to handle and ride! Just shows you how different they can be. Mine had no excuse for being a nutcase coz I had him from a 3yr. old and he hadn't done anything (my fault then!!!Lol!)

You seem to know what you're doing, you can't go far wrong with box rest and a walk out (if you can hold him that is!!!! Not for the weakhearted is it!!! Been there!!) If the ground's very boggy and wet, he'll just damage it again pulling it out of the mud. I'm sure under your tlc and common sense he'll make a brilliant recovery.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:25 PM
How could we be bored? He's lovely!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 04:36 PM
He's gorgeous. I've ridden a few ex-racers in the past, and I swear they're made out of rubber
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 07:05 PM
He's a very handsome boy. You're very lucky!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >