doe,s the fawny one look ok to you?
as it doe,s have quite a few scratch marks on it
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew
heres the pics taken this afternoon of the babies

:smt049 they are so tiny Jackie. I didn't know you could handle them at such an early age. (or am I getting confused with hamsters? probably....)

They are beautiful :smt049
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
thank you CL
well we were told not to handle them but was really worried about the light coloured one,so natasha gave us some great advice on how to do it,and mum is fine with them
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi Jax
dark kit looks now possibly black otter, black fox or now due to the lighter pics a Black Sable colour we'll all see son
Light baby definatley a tan or sooty fawn now, if hes a sooty fawn he should develop darker points on the extremeities
They are looking great
Best wishes
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:14 PM
thank you CL
well we were told not to handle them but was really worried about the light coloured one,so natasha gave us some great advice on how to do it,and mum is fine with them
Cheers Jackie
Glad the light one is OK. (she looked fine to me) So what caused you worry?

[I am nosey - I know ]
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 06:28 PM
thank you natasha
doe,s the fawny one look ok to you?
as it doe,s have quite a few scratch marks on it
Yes the fawn looks fine mate nothing wrong with it what so ever looks like they have a very good mum taking care of them. You are more likely to see marks on it due to its light colour where the other baby is dark so you cant see anything so easily. I held my babies at this age as the mum is very tame so didnt mind, and like you said the mum is fine with them after you hold them so thats great. Also the older the babies become the more the mum doesnt mind as once there out of the nest with there eyes open you should try and hold them as much a possible, lop babies are adorable as there ears dont flop instantly so they have one ear up sometimes and one down, looks so funny cant wait to see them
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 01:33 PM
another question for you rabbit people

we got the babies out today to play and noticed that the light coloured one had a problem with it,s eye
we bathed it with salt water and it started to open but do you think we need to do anything more,as we have some eye balm here,or just keep bathing it??

the other eye is fine
and heres some of the other baby

TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Oooohhh ... they are soooo adorable. I would love a rabbit
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Ohh the cute little water pistols
Arent they sweet
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Hiya Jackie, how cute are they now gorgeous and the colour of them are fab Fawn and Agouti lovely babies
About the eye was it crusted over?so it was shut and couldnt be opened?
There are a number os things that can cause rabbits to have bad eyes, was there a white discharge running from the eye?was ir red? sorry for the Q but I would be able to narrow it down better if I knew what the symptoms were save typing out all eye conditions
Also have you checked it teeth? as these can lead to eye problems, as often if the teeth are over grown or twisted etc is the root of the problem.
Waht your doing is great i would just bath it regular with warm salt water, but if it gets no better by tomorrow I would phone your vet, as if its an eye infection which is left they sometimes have to have them removed but hopefully it will be cleared by by tomoz as baby rabbits are not very good with antibiotics, so the vet may give you some drops
Serious cute babies
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »