View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 07:39 PM
If I give my lot a chunk of meat, or something that requires no chewing, they look for more. I do think something which requires chewing and involves some work does seem to satisfy them.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 07:42 PM
What about just feeding it frozen in a block so they have to chew/lick to defrost to eat?
I give mine mince frozen in a cow hoof so they have to lick and nibble it out, then just take the hoof off them, stuff and freeze again for next time.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2012, 07:43 PM
My two aren't keen on veg but they would hover around when I was blending the veg for my mum's pup, desperate to lick the bowl clean! I used to chuck an egg and a bit of salmon oil in there too, don't know if it made it more appealing.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
What about just feeding it frozen in a block so they have to chew/lick to defrost to eat?
I give mine mince frozen in a cow hoof so they have to lick and nibble it out, then just take the hoof off them, stuff and freeze again for next time.
nana has a thing about me feeding food frozen.. she doesnt like it and thinks it will be too cold on their stomachs.. she had a go at me when i fed them frozen chicken wings because i forgot to defrost them

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
My two aren't keen on veg but they would hover around when I was blending the veg for my mum's pup, desperate to lick the bowl clean! I used to chuck an egg and a bit of salmon oil in there too, don't know if it made it more appealing.
mine have salmon oil every day anyway and an egg once a week.. i may try them on the veg and see, thanks
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:06 AM
But surely Nana doesn't have a say on what your dogs eat.. I feed frozen most of the time - beef and liver, tripe - the nasty smelly stuff is fed frozen so it doesn't smell the house out..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
But surely Nana doesn't have a say on what your dogs eat.. I feed frozen most of the time - beef and liver, tripe - the nasty smelly stuff is fed frozen so it doesn't smell the house out..
well techinacally she doesnt.. but i try and keep them on the same food, so mylo has the same as mine.. it causes arguements as she believes they should have biscuit and dog meat.. and can not live off just raw so even though she has no say, sometimes its easier to just let her have her own way than have a row and get threatened to get kicked out again
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well techinacally she doesnt.. but i try and keep them on the same food, so mylo has the same as mine.. it causes arguements as she believes they should have biscuit and dog meat.. and can not live off just raw so even though she has no say, sometimes its easier to just let her have her own way than have a row and get threatened to get kicked out again
Hmmm, defrost their food, then stuff it in a kong, then freeze it - she'll not know
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Hmmm, defrost their food, then stuff it in a kong, then freeze it - she'll not know
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I presume when you move out Milo won't be kept on raw so why not let her feed her own dog how she likes and you feed yours as you like?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I presume when you move out Milo won't be kept on raw so why not let her feed her own dog how she likes and you feed yours as you like?
because if im out (say at work) and she has to feed them, or she feeds them a treat, she moans that she shares her food, but i dont share mine.. very complicated woman she just likes making it awkward.. i did try to just feed my dogs what i wanted but it caused arguements... basically she likes to think she knows better and i know nothing about looking after dogs.. she doesnt agree with raw because she doesnt understand it.. which means i dont either apparently
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >