Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Brilliant Jeanette...Clever Luna...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 05:49 PM
aww well done jeanette and well done luna your doing your mummy proud keep the good work up both of you
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Thank you Ingrid, Pat and Jenniffer

Yeah I'm very proud of my girl
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Well done Luna and J!
It's such a nice feeling when everything goes to plan!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Thank you Emma

Yeah its great
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Just watched your 3 videos of lunas retrieives with her tennis ball and thought they were good, as she is now retrieving them when you tell her too, keep it up J
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Ta Nat
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Watched the three videos, got on here and wrote a reply longer than anything IŽve written before and my pc went "error" But here we go again

I understand why you dont want to show your videos on here but just wanted to say, you have absolutly nothing to fear or be ashamed off. Luna is very well behaved and youŽre doing fine Much better than I had feared from all your horrorstories

What I want to say that, I would like to see Jeanette aged 5 and LunaŽs inner puppy comming out.
She is, due to all the OB classes very obedient and you focusing on doing every single detail right is obvios.
I miss playing, having fun and you relaxing

I think that due to youŽre maybe a bit insecure, wanting everything to be perfect and maybe even expecting Luna to not do well, it gets a bit military way you know?

I would forget about obedience for now and start playing with Luna. I would act silly, get down on her level and encourage her to be enthusiastic and playful and to have a good time. The two of you together.

All your training in ob and what is clear she knows and does, tells me that any details will be piece of cake to add when ready. But you need to bring in the fun and playing a lot more imo.
This is retrieving and for her to learn it has to be fun. It has to be with you being relaxed, cheerful and happy - so get down on all four and start playing with that great dog you have

If you need exercises and tips on how to act silly - you know where to ask
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by amts
If you need exercises and tips on how to act silly - you know where to ask
Thank you so very much for the post above and for your mail

I'm very happy that you think we are on our way

I agree it has become a bit military style-ish.. And I also agree, that Luna is not having fun.... And who wants to do things, if they are not fun? So I should just forget about her "sit and hold" (which she doesnt do btw - oh yeah if its her chew or leash or something)? And just concentrate on her having fun in getting the ball (or wotever else we use) and bring it back to the most funny mum on earth... Right....

And I would love som exercises to play with her.. So bring 'em on

J
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
And I would love som exercises to play with her.. So bring 'em on

J
Exercises is actually a bad choice of words. I shouldnt have used that
What i ment was, make your time with Luna fun and playful. Teach her that when you want her attention it means fun

You can use that in everything you do with her; feeding, walking, retrieving, playing the games you allready know.
Forget about ob and Luna acting excatly like taught in them classes and start playing, have fun and get down on her level...even if it means you on all four with a sock in your mouth (IŽm actually not joking - watch and see how sheŽll respon to you being silly and more important; allowing her to be the same )

I think the most important thing is this:
when you want her attention it means fun
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >