Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-02-2012, 09:00 PM

Bikejoring ?

does anybody on here go bikejoring (bike riding with dog)
i have been going out on the bike with the boys a bit and i am just sorting out some stuff to order to do it safely
(a walkydog) which is a bar that fits on the bike to keep the dogs to the side away from the wheels , for on roads or busy tracks
(bikejoring bar) holds leads above wheel with dogs running in front of bike, this is for of road tracks and if i go riding with other people,
i also need two dual lead clips, ( one for their harnesses so they pull together and one for collors just to keep them going the same way)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I do with one of mine, only off lead though. Is Bikejoring when they pull the bike? I'm not sure I'd dare try that with mine to be honest!

Don't get much of a chance to bike with them at this time of the year anyway as the paths' are too muddy and it is too much of an effort.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I do with one of mine, only off lead though. Is Bikejoring when they pull the bike? I'm not sure I'd dare try that with mine to be honest!

Don't get much of a chance to bike with them at this time of the year anyway as the paths' are too muddy and it is too much of an effort.
yes it is where they pull the bike but as my boys are small i dont let them pull much just run and i pedal to help if u know what i mean,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvjJkZFRnw

this is it but imagine it with jack russells not big dogs
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I have a bikejor and walkydog set up as you describe.. we use the walky dog at a gentle trot to get to the wood, then Kismet goes out front on the bikejor line..

Make sure you get a proper bungee line! really helps!

And remember don't let them pull or run too hard or far on pavement or road, wait till your on the field or track to really let loose
Blitzen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Are there restrictions on where you can bikejor, or is it a matter of just using your common sense?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Be sensible, but most places that allow dog walking and bike routes or bridle paths are fine for bikejor or scooter (two wheeled) but you need a permit for a three wheeled rig as that is an animal drawn carriage.

Some places can complain and enforce the animal drawn vehicle law to ban you, but if no one has cause to complain about you, they shouldn't have a reason to invoke the law