View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:13 PM
A very good friend of mine used to have a show Tervueren's mother and daughter they were lovely dogs.

He always wanted a Malinois but said they weren't family dogs. Not sure why.

Karen
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
A very good friend of mine used to have a show Tervueren's mother and daughter they were lovely dogs.

He always wanted a Malinois but said they weren't family dogs. Not sure why.

Karen
Hi Kazz, I've tried to explain about the unsuitability of mals as family pets in the Super Police thread in the working section
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Lovely dogs! Am I right in thinking that the Laekenois has only recently been given KC status, or am I just talking out of my B-hind again?!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Hands up all who can remember, and correctly pronounce, the names of all four

I can !!

A very good friend of mine has a Terv.

And about 3 years ago when I used to do track training there was BSD (Terv) who was there as well, that Terv was very nervy and didnt like being left, she used to howl in the car as well. But she was super tracking dog.

My friends dog is a very bright and alert girl, nothing passes her without her noticing ! Because of her I know about the other 3 types of BSD's I havent seen a Lakenois yet but I have seen the other varieties at Dog Shows and there was a gorgeous Groendal at the Wag and Bone Show last year.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 12:27 PM

I can !!

A very good friend of mine has a Terv.

And about 3 years ago when I used to do track training there was BSD (Terv) who was there as well, that Terv was very nervy and didnt like being left, she used to howl in the car as well. But she was super tracking dog.

My friends dog is a very bright and alert girl, nothing passes her without her noticing ! Because of her I know about the other 3 types of BSD's I havent seen a Laekenois yet but I have seen the other varieties at Dog Shows and there was a gorgeous Groenendael at the Wag and Bone Show last year.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I like the Malinois the best, superb stamina and attitude for a working dog, my friend who is a Police dog handler, said hey are becoming more and more favoured.
Dawn.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-10-2005, 01:43 PM
No problem

But i've a joker. I'm living only 3 miles from the place where the first assembly was held in 1891 and less than 20 miles from the places that these dogs are named after (not 100% correct) and have a Mal

Greetings

Johan
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Loveley looking dogs,looked into these when decided to get another dog,but after a lot of research decided wasn't for me I think you have to be quite an expeienced dog handler for these dogs .
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
Loveley looking dogs,looked into these when decided to get another dog,but after a lot of research decided wasn't for me I think you have to be quite an expeienced dog handler for these dogs .

They are different and more demanding than any other breed that i know of and if you're working with a workingline dog it is even worst (better) i compare them with a 2 engined 4X4 armoured plated Ferrari

Greetings

Johan
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Good job I went with my better judgement after doing research,I need laid back these days.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >