Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Question for Thords, Borderdawn and Amts

I keep asking for further info but it keeps getting overlooked.

I am not asking to 'judge' you in anyway, I am asking so that I can put an explanation up about what kind of talk the proposed section would consist of.

We need this to make an informed decision. If we can't get this info we cannot move forward.

Or are you guys refferring to something else? IE the inclusion of 'your activitiy subject' in the current working dogs section? If so again we need to know what these activities will be.

If we have to we can put up a poll for EACH activity and see which ones can be included and which ones cannot - is that what you would prefer?

I won't be able to action the section without further information.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 02:53 PM
I have tried to reply before that I will need a bit of time and my dictionary to be able to express in an objective and serios way what "we do" and what "hunt" is.

I hope you will provide me the time and can assure you that I will be working hard at it. Some has volenteered to help me with some of the words and I believe it will be a great help.

I would also if you would be so kind to take a look at my last reply in the "why" thread. It says why i think we all can benefit with such section if we keep up a decent tone and show eachother respect
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks Amts I know you are trying hard.

Please could Dawn and Jackie (Thords) elaborate on what they wish the section to cover or what they think it might cover.

I would prefer if each activity could be serperately listed because we might be able to have a section for some activities but not others.

If you are serious about wanting the section then this stuff is needed.

Please only reply in this thread if you (like Dawn, Thords and Amts) want this new section created (not those who just want to browse the new section but those who are routing for it).
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry know nothing about hunting in general either, what is it you are wanting to know, I have never asked for nor want a section on hunting, I just don't like the idea of some peoples activities excluded or talk of as one would talk of drug taking.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
..what is it you are wanting to know
Hi Thords - I'll answer that with another quote from yourself

Originally Posted by Thordell
...some peoples activities
I would like to know what these activities are please.

Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Been thinking, would solve my objections if the Working Dogs section was open to all working dogs. Don't suppose the subject of hunting would ever come up had it not been mentioned in the title, however if it does it can be moved to a more suitable section should the thread become heated. Can't see anyone can complain about someone talking in general terms about hounds, gundogs or terriers working, we don't stop people talking about meat just because we are against meat eating, the reverse in fact, if we do not listen to others views we are shutting our minds to others knowledge.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze

I would like to know what these activities are please.

That, I think is the point I was making eRaz, if people, their type of dog or the activity or work they do with their dogs are made to feel excluded from the general run of the forum, we will never know. Why make a section that requires special passwords, or the like, to read, let us all discover the information that others have to offer.

There was a time this board was mainly populated by those who owned bull breeds and crossbreeds, why, because it was known that they were welcome, we may well find, given time, that we will hear from people who work in ways we had not dreamed off, but only if we remain open minded and the forum open to all who are prepared to abide by the TOS.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't think we've ever being mostly populated with crossbreed owners (who are welcome nonetheless), we did have a stage where we had a large percentage of bull breed owners, but thats all equalled out nicely now

I can see your point Jackie, and I will wait for Amts and Dawn to get back to me in this thread as well before making any decisions. I would rather know beforehand what kind of topics will be discussed and make a decision whether it will be ok, than opening the section up then later having to take it away.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Why open a special section, sporting dogs they are just dogs, they should not need a special section on a dog forum, all dogs being equal when it comes to being dogs.

Think the above may give the wrong impression, what I really object to is some dogs & owners being excluded from a section not the provision of sections for specific activities
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Thats it exactly Jackie, exclusion. I cannot see the problem, there just needs to be a heading like in other sections on the first page. Maybe "this subject covers all aspects of working dogs which some readers may prefer not to read" we always have a title to a thread anyway, so a "warning" if thats what is needed is already in place.
Dawn.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »