Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
yes, but you're on benefits because you CAN'T work Maybe you're one of the few who actually deserves it.
I agree 100% , the benifit sytem is for those who CANT work, NOT for those who dont want too.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree 100% , the benifit sytem is for those who CANT work, NOT for those who dont want too.
I do not think anyone is arguing any differently!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not think anyone is arguing any differently!
That depends on how yo usee your argument
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Exactly!

Hence my comment about Sour Grapes!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Exactly!

Hence my comment about Sour Grapes!
You`ll have to explain
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I have to fess, I stopped posting on a "mummys board" because of all the bitching about who is or isnt on benefits.

I have no idea how these people afford a horse on benefits, hell one full time, one part time job and the CB is just about enough to keep one child in bananas and fromage frais

(and I am one of those sad peeps who gorw most of our soft fruit (strawbs, rasps, cherries) Apples, salad leaves, toms (in the warmer months) I make all our bread, butter and yoghurt. All our meals are cooked from scratch)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
I have to fess, I stopped posting on a "mummys board" because of all the bitching about who is or isnt on benefits.
I think like ALL finances, it is NOBODY ELSE's BUSINESS!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Quite SB
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No they are not, but many are, many see benifits as a way of life, pop put another child and you get a bigger house, pop out another one and you get more money.

The whole point of benifits is to help those in need when they need it, its not there for someone who never intends to do a days work in their lives , pops out kids here and there and then rubs "tax payers noses in the dirt\ by owning expensive animals that cost more than a OAP gets a week to live in.

The problem is NOT illegally claiming benifits, but the system as a whole, it doesn't rub up well for those who have to work to save to buy a luxury now and again, or go on a holiday, when one sees others (on benifits) doing these things.

Keeping a horse is expensive, even those who do it on a shoe string will have monthly costs over £100 (and I am being very conservative) , the system is to help people not allow them to save 100`s of pounds by scrimping and saving for luxuries, if they can do that, they are getting to much benifits.

Lets not forget the plasma TV`s, the new cars, the washing machines, tumble dryers, holidays , and so on and so on, they all seem to have, many on benifits live a lucrative life, and sadly it then tarrs many others who are scrimping by .

There seems to be a two tier system with benifits, those who are genuinely in need and have to fight for every last penny ,and those who live a lifestyle now all the tricks and seem to live better lifestyles then many a person who is earning.

That smy rant about the benifit system, I could go on a lot more but wont.
Oh amen to that!

The chap who lives next door to me (and he's a lovely bloke, don't get me wrong) doesn't work not because he can't but because he doesn't have to. Both his daughters are in secondary school and able to look after themselves yet he stays at home because the money he gets from us taxpayers allows him too. He takes his two Daughters on holiday abroad every year (Dominican Republic last year I think?) yet I haven't had a holiday abroad for about 5 years!!!! Sod sour grapes, where the hell is the justice and equality in that???

I have no problem with people claiming benefits for legit reasons, it's there to help those in need, but when people take the pi$$ I think as a tax payer I have every right to 'stick my nose in'. It's my money that's paying for their nice carefree lifestyle!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:06 AM
But we know there is no justice or equality in life, this is a surprise to you?
Page 6 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »