View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Its been changed, they update as they get more info, still the same link though, I changed nothing.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Not read it all yet but will say that I know of people who have been in their kitchen and a urban fox has come in and attacked their cat right in front of them. At tiggys Dale a fox scared a few people as he would run at them as they went in to feed him, people used buckets to keep him away, after he passed away I went into the fox enclosuse with someone else, they were throwing chicks around and putting meat down, one of the foxes walked over to me and went to jump up, a few days later it bit someones knee, both had head injuries so they were effected, but any fox could be injured and have its behaviour changed, foxes are also inquisitive, someone could of had a door open in the heat, a fox could of walked in been disturbed or shocked by a noise and could react aggresivly, they are a wild animal don't forget, any many urban foxes don't fear people, which is dangerous for any wild animal.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I don`t believe it. Sorry.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t believe it. Sorry.
Well i do, my daughter and her family live in a lovely leafy suberb in Bournemouth and on one of my usual visits i got up one morning about 7am and took my coffee outside to enjoy the birds singing when i got the shock and scare of my life, from behind her greenhouse very casually walked a fox, into the middle of the lawn where the morning sun was looked at me and laid down, well talk about ***t yourself i think i would have outrun lynford christy, we laughed after but a couple of weeks ago my daughter heard my grandson at the open patio window doing the sit command, (as he dose with our dog when he comes to stay, he loves it) she thought he had one of his dog toys out so popped her head round the door to watch him, but he was actually standing at the open window looking out side and when she looked there was a fox standing watching him (and quite close) its head down like stalking. she got intouch with the borough council and put intouch with various other sections but was told this is becoming so common they are becoming very BRAVE i think the term was. SO NOTHING WOULD SUPRISE ME.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I think it's sad that the girls are hurt i really do, but catching innocent foxes and having them PTS is disgusting imo!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I heard this on the radio this morning, apparently the mother and father were in the living room watching TV and the babies were upstairs sleeping in their cot, the mother heard their screams and went upstairs she said the fox was looking at her and not scared.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
There was a dog that lived at the bottom of my road few years back and right until you were right beside her you would have sworn she was a fox. People can be mistaken.

Poor little babies - personally even if its warm I wouldnt leave the doors open, what about rats and mice. Guess they will be more careful in future.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Urban foxes are getting braver and braver and if their country relations can take a lamb, I don't see why a 9 month old baby should be beyond a fox's consideration.

It does seem strange that the fox ventured upstairs but perhaps there was an enticing smell or perhaps it was looking for somewhere cool to relax..who knows.

But on balance, I think I do believe this story, although it is unique.

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I think it's sad that the girls are hurt i really do, but catching innocent foxes and having them PTS is disgusting imo!
I don't agree, though I guess it depends to some extent on your definition of 'innocent'.

I don't think you can allow a human aggressive wild animal to roam an urban area. Certainly they could've considered releasing it elsewhere, but the chances are an urban fox would not make it in the countryside and would either starve (much worse death) or return to a city. Or I guess they could lock it up in a reserve/sanctuary for the rest of its life - is that really fair on a wild animal?

Done humanely, the fox being pts will know nothing about what has happened to it.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Innocent, in the fact that the fox caught and destroyed may not have ever gone near humans let alone attacked, what they going to do just catch and destroy as many as they can?

I dont agree with them being caught and out in to a sanctuary either, their wild animals and should be treated as such.

Humanely done or not, its an animal with the right to live. (Thats how i see it anyway)..
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »