Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
i think you need to get out more, not all council tenants are poor or indeed waste money on fags and booze, some of them spend there cash (yes they do work) on the benefits of their animals.
No law saying earning stops you renting a council house, indeed i wish there were more employed council tenants as it would help prevent sink estates.
exactly. i live in a council house with my nana. we both work. just because its a council house doesnt make me scum. i pay my rent and bills and then i pay for my animals. whatever i have left i do what i want with, its my hard earned money at the end of the day.

although where i live now isnt a typical council estate (the majority are privately owned now) it doesnt mean people in council houses are poor. i HATE that misconception, people constantly judge when you say "council house"
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
No law saying earning stops you renting a council house, indeed i wish there were more employed council tenants as it would help prevent sink estates.
there isnt a law you are right i think perhaps there should be one (maybe there is?) that means if you earn over a certain amount then you should give up your council property[/QUOTE]

why though? i dont see the logic in making someone who pays for their house and looks after it, to move someone in who may not (and im saying may, as i know alot of people do work and pay their way) to let someone in who has no intention of working and getting their house paid for with benefits? its another thing that annoys me when young girls go out and get pregnant, because they assume they get given a house and its paid for (majority of the time it is.. my sister did the exact same thing) yet young single people who work dont get chance.. to be the system is backward, giving to people who do things wrong, rather than do things right.. but thats going off topic.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
totally agree with you but there are other genuine people just like yourself who can miss out as some may see it as a 'good thing' sit tight get a right to buy (does that still happen) and get a property at cut price.

a guy my boyf knows met a girl who had a 2 bed council flat with her little girl she moved in with him but kept paying the small rent eventually got the opportunity to buy it did so shortly before they got married (having not lived there for god knows how long), so they now have a nice little earner which someone less fortunate could be happy in
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
totally agree with you but there are other genuine people just like yourself who can miss out as some may see it as a 'good thing' sit tight get a right to buy (does that still happen) and get a property at cut price.

a guy my boyf knows met a girl who had a 2 bed council flat with her little girl she moved in with him but kept paying the small rent eventually got the opportunity to buy it did so shortly before they got married (having not lived there for god knows how long), so they now have a nice little earner which someone less fortunate could be happy in
see i dont agree with that at all. and i imagine if they had been caught doing that there would of been trouble.

but there are rules on buying them now, and to be honest i dont think you can. (not too sure) nana had the opportunity to buy hers (way before i moved in) but couldnt afford to. now i dont think she will get the opportunity again. i will never be able to afford to buy a house round here on my own, or private rent for that matter.. so the house i am in, in the area i am in, is the only choice i have at the minute.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
you will have a little palace to call your own one day Clo
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
you will have a little palace to call your own one day Clo
or a caravan in a field im not fussy seriously, i will one day, its just a very long and hard chore getting there!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
bit of a sweeping statement there.. i live in a council house. i could afford to breed. i bred a healthy litter and put a lot of time and effort into them. just like i would if i lived in a private rented, or my own house.
I asked I didn't "state"

I guess it depends on the size of the dog your's are small and you live with your parents no?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I asked I didn't "state"

I guess it depends on the size of the dog your's are small and you live with your parents no?
i dont live with parents, i live with a grandparent and i pay for half of everything in this house. so dont know what parents have to do with it anyway..
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i dont live with parents, i live with a grandparent and i pay for half of everything in this house. so dont know what parents have to do with it anyway..
Or the size of the dog!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Or the size of the dog!
Well you could argue the bigger the dog the more puppies are likely to be born, cost more to rear. However I know of chinese cresteds that have had 12 pups, or things go horribly wrong with a small bitch and one pup donate costs rack up.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6