Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Adam

on a few threads you have often made statements alluding to scientific research for or against something, or in this case, abscence of scientific research.
but when asked to clarify, or to provide the actual research information, you never do.

this means these such statements of yours provide no more weight than a sequence of words in order to construct a sentence of your choosing.

which isnt wrong in itself, but has nothing to do with science.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
umm well check chains (choke chains) dont hurt the dog if u use them properly i use them for both of my jackrussels if we are out for the day
Hi Marley, it always confuses me when people talk about 'using a choke chain properly' can you explain what the proper use of a choke chain is please ?

I though the whole idea of a choke chain is that it 'chokes', you pass the chain through the metal ring to form a noose and when a dog walks at the same pace as the handler the chain stays slack but if the dog pulls the chain tightens around the dogs neck .

I am aware that when using a CC some people pull then quickly release the chain and therefore the pressure on the dogs neck but nevertheless pressure is still applied if only for a moment. I have seen people use CC by pulling them tight and keep up the pressure. All use of choke chains is counter productive and unnecessary as far as I am concerned.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 03:54 PM
its meant to be a quick check
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2010, 04:00 PM
This is a bit peculiar, as I saw a video where an RSPCA Inspector was stating that they use Canny Collars on all the dogs they want to re home and are "known pullers". I bought one for my dog on the strength of that video, and it worked fine for a while although Max soon learned how to pull on it. However, on the subject of choke chains, I think they are the work of Satan and would never ever use one, as I know the damage and pain they cause from reading various articles, which I honestly believe are correct. I am having a real difficulty with comprehending how an organisation against cruelty to animals are using such an awful contraption
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 05:31 PM
the 'organisation' arent, one of their branches is, apparently.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 05:32 PM
"...However, on the subject of choke chains, I think they are the work of Satan."

Hey, I'll have you know, that I had nothing to do with them thank you very much.

Now, if you don't mind, I've got some damned souls to torment.
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Tazer, it wasn't a personal attack on anyone, just my view. I didn't mean to upset you or anyone else.

Regards, Val and Max
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Terrierman had a go at the old APDT checkchain leaflet after I sent him a copy.

In his blogg he says, "I am past 50 years old and I have never seen a dog injured by one, and I bet you haven't either".
Hmmmm? I'm sure he is in denial!

Have a look down the page...
http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com...1_archive.html
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by outhval View Post
Hi Tazer, it wasn't a personal attack on anyone, just my view. I didn't mean to upset you or anyone else.

Regards, Val and Max
she was joking

besides, tazer is wrong, choke chains are the work of the old testament god
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by outhval View Post

Regards, Val and Max
Its ok, I was joking.

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
she was joking

besides, tazer is wrong, choke chains are the work of the old testament god
If we want to get technical, it could be both.

Satan, I believe originally just meant adversary, not one specific individual therefore, if the old testament god is your adversary, then he/she/it is also a satan.

Which still means I'm off the hook lol.
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »