Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:17 AM

£6000 for a dog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ice-price.html

How many clicked this thinking they'd have a go at designer breeders I wonder?

rune----tongue in cheek!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Nope I just wondered what dog is worth that much
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Nope I just wondered what dog is worth that much
A good working sheep dog (Border Collie) I know people will pay up to the 3000 mark for a trained sheep dog, but I must admit I thought WOW!!!! a bit steep, but then if someone is willing to pay
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Wow thats a lot but when you think how important they are and how much time and effort went into trainning a dog like that i think its well worth the money.

Interesting to read that the supply of well trained sheepdogs is going down due to pressures on shepherds to produce but the demand is going up. Is there a collie resuce that takes in pet dogs and retrains them for this kind of work? Some collies handed in as uncontrollable may take really well to this and help all parties.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:44 AM
ummmmmm and I have 4.....counting the pennies (Only Joking)

I can imagin some people wanting a really good working dog payng a price like that, nice if you have the money
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Anybody else think that one of the dogs looks old, I wonder how many working years the one on the left has? Be nice to have the money to spend though.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi,

A dog is only worth what someone else will pay for it but considerign the work they do (and bearign in mind I have NO idea how much a trained BC is worth) then maybe they are worth it.

Having said that, I do think £6K is a little onthe steep side. I wodl expect £2-3K at a guess. But if they're the best at what they do and their new owners are happy with them and their work, then so be it.

To put it into a different context, my workload has goen down qutie a bit (although we're not starving yet!!). If someone offered me £6000 for any one of my dogs, and I could certainly do with a cash injection, I would turn them down. They are worth more than that to me.

Laura xx
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I know of a Bulldog that was sold for £50,000
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Someone I know paid £7000 to import a dog.. If they were importing to add more lines then fair enough but the lines of this dog are already in the country If it was me I'd have got a dog from here and donated the rest to a rescue. Think they just like the idea they can boast how much they paid
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
A good working sheep dog (Border Collie) I know people will pay up to the 3000 mark for a trained sheep dog, but I must admit I thought WOW!!!! a bit steep, but then if someone is willing to pay
I still find that price a bit steep, mind you if someone is willing to pay, then go for it. I have to double or triple the price to account for different exchange rates and all I can say is ekkkk, I know some have paid $1000-$2000 for a quality bred working dog.
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
ummmmmm and I have 4.....counting the pennies (Only Joking)

I can imagin some people wanting a really good working dog payng a price like that, nice if you have the money
Run and hide puppies run your mother is going to sell you
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I know of a Bulldog that was sold for £50,000
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >