View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 08:07 PM
KRUSEWALKER i just read this out to my fiance, without saying what the thread was about, and her first reaction was also "what, thats cheap!"

it didn't feel that expensive when i was at the vet because i honestly would have paid anything, he was so poorly. put into context that i have just had to work 8 hours a day for two week to earn that....... no i wouldnt say it was cheap!!

just got to remember he's all better now

JOEDEEUK-thank you i have been researching pig pancreas as an option but it seems to be like gold dust to get hold of, any ideas would be gratefully recieved!!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
wow but I bet you would have paid it anyway to see your dog get better. I am still slowly paying off Scratch's bill, which I won't say as you will pass out
Good to hear your dog is on the mend and can be fixed with meds to live a good life.
please spill the beans might cheer me up a bit!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
it didn't feel that expensive when i was at the vet because i honestly would have paid anything, he was so poorly. put into context that i have just had to work 8 hours a day for two week to earn that....... no i wouldnt say it was cheap!!
You are absolutely right.
Its pretty expensive according to my pay packet as well.
All vet prices are too expensive.
However, vet pricing was the context i was using when i used the word cheap.
So, if you look at my example and the others posted on here, 3 nights treatment PLUS boarding is cheap.
I just paid £800 for a procedure and 1 nights overnight stay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 08:52 PM
OMG! £800! I hope your dog is ok? i need to work a bit harder coz picking £160 worth of enzymes on tuesday think i'll look into the pig pancreas a bit more
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Blimey....we paid £149 for 2 nights at the vets and ABs/fluid treatment for Tango. Mind you I did think it was cheap at the time.

Hiope your dog is ok though.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2009, 06:55 PM

JOEDEEUK-thank you i have been researching pig pancreas as an option but it seems to be like gold dust to get hold of, any ideas would be gratefully recieved!!
If you have a traditional butchers near you can abattoir you can try chatting them up to help you"rescue"dog. A vet's son that knew my Dad, kept his dog alive into old age using pig's pancreas-his Dad told him to ask my Dad & no my Dad wan't a vet !

You could try one of the Raw Food suppliers as well
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Blimey....we paid £149 for 2 nights at the vets and ABs/fluid treatment for Tango. Mind you I did think it was cheap at the time.
I paid a bit more than this for a quarter of an hour visit to the emergency vets plus an antibiotic injection. Swear my dogs wait till my vets is closed to be ill.
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2009, 07:05 PM
i now know why i wanted to be a vet when i was younger!! i would've been loaded!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I reckon being a vet would be good but i would cry in every sad case. ummmm lets say with my bill I would have flown to England and back for what my vet bill is worth plus about 5nights accomodation in on going needs for him. Thats all I am saying on that bill. the only one who knows the real cost is my O/H as he understands I put my dogs before my money, but my family and friends would go off their heads if they knew the truth hope that cheers you up a bit as now I am depressed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I picked him up yesterday and had a £515 vet bill! good job we have already paid for our hols this year!
I just found this and thought you might like it:-

Woman takes her duck to the vet. He says, “Sorry, it’s dead.”

She says, “I don’t believe it.”

Vet calls in a Labrador dog. Dog sniffs the body of the duck, lowers its head dolefully, shakes it left to right and walks out. In comes a cat, licks the duck, lowered head, sad nod of head. Leaves.

Vet says, “That’ll be £1,000."

Lady says, “That’s outrageous.”

Vet responds, “It would have been £200 but you’ve got to add the lab report and the cat scan.”

Boom boom, OK I'm outa here

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >