View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-12-2009, 01:03 AM

Is cooking something you'd like to get into?

Or, get into more?

I know I would! So wondered what everyone else thought. If there was a nice website, as friendly as this one that was all about cooking - would you join?

It would try to encourage people to try new things, and hopefully include lots of other hints and tips... along with being a place for the more experienced to share their knowledge and special techniques not to mention encourage healthier diets as people would be cooking foods rather then just buying processed nonsense!

Whaddya think?

Ps, just want to add that I was given another forum license for helping test the forum software's latest version... hence me thinking I may as well use it
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2009, 01:21 AM
My mum would kill me for saying so but I'm married to the best cook in the world

That said I'd love to pull my finger out so I'm all for improving.

As for a forum - no thanks. I love my dogs and my photography which take up a lot of time and both have forums.

When I'm kicked off the PC all I see on the TV are cooking shows.........
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Ah but just think... what if YOU could cook like the top chefs in the top restaurants Cooking is a skill, which can be learned - if they can do it you can do it!

Besides, it'd give Karen a rest. Talking of Karen... she can join bout time you gave her some time on the computer!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Would I join a cooking forum?
No.
I think its more visual the doing of, unless you're fond of recipe swapping.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm afraid cooking for me is a chore, Azz - a job to be done and I'm delighted when it's "over".

If I need a new recipe, I've a myriad of books, and there's alway the internet.

Sorry x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes I would!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I would definitely join. The kitchen in our house is my zone and I love to be in there cooking. Sure, sometimes it feels like a chore but most the time I get a sense of satisfaction out of being in the kitchen and cooking something from scratch using the freshest ingredients.

I also love to go to the farm shops, local butchers, farmers markets etc and seek out new ingredients and decent quality fresh food.

See, you've got me started now on a subject I could talk for hours on!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 09:26 AM
A cooking forum?
Nope.

I can cook, and as for recipe, there's nothing like flicking through a lovely recipe book, looking at all the pics for inspiration.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Hmmm well I quite like cooking but I'm incapable of following other peoples recipes, I always feel the need to change ingredients and personalise things. Also I did cordon bleu cookery at school and have an o and A level in cookery to show for it, but you'd never know it I prefer quite simple good quality food.
There's already so much of it on tv anyway, although I do enjoy come dine with me when it all goes t*ts up.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I definitely would. I have just discovered the joy of cooking things from scratch. How much better it is using fresh ingredients and how much better things taste.

I would definitely join xx