Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by PizzaPrincess View Post
I don't drive so once doggo is settled in the house and with training we will add in short bus and train journeys so that by summer we can have days at the beach. I'm very muc looking forward to adventuring!
I don't know where you live in UK. Dogs are not allowed on busses where I live. He'd go, no problem, in fact he tried but the driver was less than polite.
So you might want to check that.

We live about a 40 minute train journey into London and we sometimes go there. He would be fine with that. He's fine with most things. But you have to carry them on escalators. He weighs 80 pounds (36kg), maybe more. About half my weight. Carrying him up an escalator....not a cat in hell's chance.........

I could drive but parking is an expensive nightmare. And not everywhere welcomes dogs - even one as gentle as mine.

You might also want to check that with beaches. Not all are dog friendly.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yup!! This is why so many of these beautiful wolfy dogs end up in rescue - people just cannot cope with the destruction, the high energy, basically the wolfiness!! Which paradoxically they wanted in the first place!! They have seen Snowdogs, and they want one; they could well be very experienced dog owners, expert at training etc., but they just do not realise that with any northern breed there is a certain amount of rolling with the punches required. They are so intelligent, mischievous, wilful, disobedient if it suits them, which is why I am spoiled for any other choice of dog, although I do have a bit of a penchant for border terriers!

As long as Ben is with us he is perfectly well behaved - will tolerate sleeping under a table in a pub for hours on end, lapping up all the attention he gets, and everyone says Gosh isn't he well-behaved!! Little do they know!
Max doesn't do the destruction. The odd toy will get the treatment if he is bored. But given how much I stroll him and he darts around in the woods and with other dogs, he gets knackered and rests. We were told by a trainer that's what active dogs need.

But I'm retired so I have the opportunity to do that. And it's good for me also. Not just the physical side. It's difficult to be mad as a box of frogs when you have enjoyed stroll in nature with your hairy buddy.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3