Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I've never called her names, however she knew that her tenancy did not allow dogs, went to a dog pound, & not a rescue I'm 99% sure a rescue would have asked for details of tenancy allowing dogs & would also have assessed the dog correctly, & bought a dog who no one knew anything about. A totally avoidable disaster for which she must bear the blame
Ahh... in the end, you're right.

If she insisted on a dog, and knew most breeders would not sell to her and most rescues would not sell to her, she should have gone with a "free" puppy or something you find in the ads section, and not a random adult dog at the pound.

Bad thing about pounds is that the adult dogs there are often brought in by their previous owners for some reason. Where I live, it's often a very dangerous reason. Making adult pound dogs a BIG no-no in most situations.

If I had a small child, I'd not even consider adopting an adult dog from the pound. Even in the situation that I'm in now, I'd never do it. I live with my two aging and ailing parents. Both of which lack mobility and one of which is disabled. Neither could fight off a dog attack and dad doesn't heal well. I'd never even consider it.
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14