Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Anadin Ibuprofen liquid capsules 200mg

It looks like Alfie has eaten, or chewed one of these.
How dangerous is it?
I just found the packet (I have no idea where he got it from), with one missing, but some of the liquid still in the packet, so less than one tablet.
What should I do?
Will he be okay?
He had a large tea so should it just absorb if he did intake any of it?
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm not a vet but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I fed my dogs years ago that kind of stuff until I learned it's not so good for them. He'll be fine!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I'm not a vet but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I fed my dogs years ago that kind of stuff until I learned it's not so good for them. He'll be fine!
Phew thanks!
He hasn't had the whole thing and did have a big tea, and he is acting okay and has had a drink since etc, but if you google it it doesn't look good! But I think they maybe mean the higher doses.
I have left the door open so I can hear him just incase, but thanks - you have just helped me sleep tonight as I have had a sh*t day (hamster is unwell and not seen her for hours.. and one of my rats was put to sleep earlier and now this! ).
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Get yourself to bed...if he has any aches and pains he'll be feeling them less now . It's not good for them as a rule, just don't go feeding them regularly!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I wasn't planning on lol, thanks.
He was barking in his crate so i went and let him out, he went straight out for a wee, had a drink, i put him back in his crate and he has gone quiet now.

I really do need sleep, I just feel I may be over tired now so may be hard! Just wanted to check he was okay first, so thanks for replying! I would have been a wreck if you hadn't!!