Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miel
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2014, 04:20 AM

Third world country problems.

I'm from a third world country where there are so many stray dogs in the street and so many bad dog owners who literally leave there dogs tied up with no shelter, food or water. I feed the strays along the city and I have taken in some but there are some pups that are inside a yard that are skin and bones. I don't know how the approach this one since they are inside a yard. Also I am worried about running out of money since my funding to help these dogs is out of my pay check. Any advice on how to go about this. I guess I just need some encouragement. I was thinking of having bake sales once a month to get extra cash. I'm just feeling a bit sad about how so many people here treat animals.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Why not try running an education course in pet care featuring looking after dogs in particular.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi Miel,

Well done and thank you for doing what you can for these dogs.

Many people and organizations use a popular social network site (I don't think I'm allowed to mention here what site I'm referring to!) to get support for their work. It could be a way for you to feel supported and you may find people willing to help or who are even doing a similar thing in your region, who knows.

Good luck.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2014, 10:12 PM
we was in Greece recently and i was dismayed at all the street dogs,they were in a terrible condition.skin and bone most of them. i had 1 come up to me and nuzzle my hand just for a stroke. it was heart breaking.
at corfu airport there was a collection box where u can put all your spare euro,s in,went towards vet treatment.i put in all my change.
But the image of those poor dogs will never leave me.
well done to you trying to do what you can.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2014, 01:46 AM
It's sad that many of us live in areas with so many resources that they even have a need for dietetic pet food...really think about that for a moment. That we have so much food in excess that animals we keep for pets, not because they will feed us eventually, but as companions get too fat.
I applaud you though Miel. Hopefully you can connect with some charitable group that can contribute towards your efforts. Wishing you the best, you're an angel!