Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 08:46 PM

What A Day!

I took Rory and Frodo out adventuring today.
Instead of going to our usual haunt, I thought I'd mix it up a bit and find somewhere else.
We did and had some lovely runs through the woods, but since I have the directional sense of a satsuma, we then got a bit lost and ended up about 3 miles away from home...

Well, as we walked past a decidedly unfamiliar pub, we got ambushed!
A big ol' fat staffy waddled after us, essentially chasing us down the road (well, if he could move much faster it would have been 'chasing')...
I tried to ignore it and kept walking, not knowing if his owner was in the pub or if was a nasty dog looking for trouble (no digs on his breed whatsoever, I would have been nervous about any sizable dog tailing us with no owner in sight)

I'd stop, change direction, double back and all sorts, and this dog still decided it wanted to follow us... I waited outside the pub and asked a few people if they knew where he came from. Nope.

Ok, maybe he'll leave us if we go a bit further away. We crossed several roads and he showed no signs of going at all!
He is a right chunk, so had to stop to rest a few times - when we got too far ahead, he'd run to catch up, then just trot alongside us!
Quite a way from where he joined us now, right next to a busy main road, this chap decided it was time to play so kept leaping out in the road and back again, trying to get my boys to join in the game
Crikey, it was horrible - I could just see a car coming and hitting him
I only had two leads on me (as I only had two dogs!) so I tied Rory and Frodo together with one and put the other one on Staffypotamus to keep him safe... when I bent down to call him over, he practically pounced on me for cuddles

He had no tags on and I had to loosen his collar to help him breathe. He looks pretty old and has really worn down teeth. Took him to the police station, as the vets and rescue centres near by were all closed, and they asked if I could keep hold of him until Monday!
(He kept trying to hump Frodo so it wouldn't have been fair on my other dogs, which are of course my main priority!)
After that, they gave me the number for the dog warden, so I took him home, gave him a blanket and a chew bone in our crate and waiting out with him for the dog warden.

Over two hours later he came to pick Staffypotamus up and thankfully he is chipped! Hopefully his family can come and pick him up soon

Here he is, in all of his chunky glory. Gonna miss him now lol

Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Bless him and he is definitely quite a chunky old boy and looked very relaxed lying in the crate. Well done for being such a good Samaritan and that's great news that he was chipped.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you, Jenny
He was a lovely old chap and so friendly! I like to think he escaped rather than was purposely left or something sp he had a good home to go back to

Oh yes, and before somebody mentions the lack of Rory pictures here he is doing his best meerkat impression

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Where's Ripley at
BJ,you are so good he is a lovely old guy,pity the owners have no sense Good for you
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Where's Ripley at
BJ,you are so good he is a lovely old guy,pity the owners have no sense Good for you
Tada!

She went for a lovely one on one walkies with me before I took the boys out
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I love her,she's so cute
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh that dear old boy........he looks so lovely. Surely someone was going frantic looking for him, and I do hope that you get some good news about him soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2013, 10:51 PM
What an adventure Erin I do hope elderly Staff is claimed.
Always lovely to see Ripley and Rory but no Frodo
That won't do at all ..
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Aw what a bonny old fella. He looks well happy to be found
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
What an adventure Erin I do hope elderly Staff is claimed.
Always lovely to see Ripley and Rory but no Frodo
That won't do at all ..
You mean THIS Frodo?!

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw what a bonny old fella. He looks well happy to be found
He howled when the warden took him away from me
Still, best safe in a cage than lost on the roads eh!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >