View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 05:03 PM
WoooHooo Well done Malka. It will have done both of you the world of good after all this time.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Lynne - if you knew the problems I have getting myself out - agoraphobia due to PTSD and the frequent nasty things that happen here, just being out of sight of my home is a Big Thing for me. Going 50m across the road to the macolet is OK as it is so close, but maybe I was glad that the mess outside meant I could not take Pereg out before now, it being an excuse? But then I am always scared to take her out in case she has a seizure while we are out as I would never be able to get her home.

But I honestly could not take her out for the last three or so months due to not being able to get The SM out - and now I can and Pereg is happy and it was not as scary as it has been in the past. And as she has never had a seizure due to exercise I should stop worrying about that, although easier said than done.

But oh the excitement when she realised that I had gone to The Shack to get The Silver Monster out so she could go gallopy trots - the look on her dear face was of sheer delight! I have to keep trying to take her out now - she does not care if we just drive around the Moshav - she just likes being able to gallop around, but tomorrow I am going to try to take her onto the grassy area next to the footie field, and maybe let her off lead. Maybe.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Yes Malka. I appreciate all the problems you have. It would do you both good though just to get out even for a few minutes up the road everyday
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Pereg is quite happy going round and round, up and down - she is not into sniffing everywhere to read the doggy news goings on - and I still do not think I can go too far, but it really was nice to get out even though I had to try and clear some of the path where all the dumped earth has fallen down onto it.

It would be lovely if we had huge open spaces to take her, but although I can go on the tractor paths I cannot really let her off lead to go onto the fields. Apart from anything else how would I get to her in an emergency? There is also no shade at all on the fields and the sun and heat is not good for either of us.

But - if it had not have been for me seeing that huge 4x4 get up from the road and use my ramp to turn round, I would not have risked taking The Silver Monster out.

I do not think we went very far - maybe five or six km - but what with stopping to see people we were out for a fair while, and apart from scoffing her chicken carcass supper Pereg has been mostly flat out since!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 07:35 PM
This is the best news Malka! So happy for both of you! It must be so lovely for you to see her excitement and enjoyment. It's made my night!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:06 PM
BRILLIANT
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Fantastic Malka.. that must have been such freedom again and in all fairness, 5 or 6 km is quite a distance after so many months.. Pereg must have felt such joy to finally being able to sniff all the new smells again.. hope this was the first of many more to come xxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2