View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Yay - Pereg has been out for a gallopy trot!

Earlier this morning I watched a monstrous 4x4 come up from the road and onto the end of my new double width ramp so that he could reverse [not sure why as it is only maybe 10m from the little roadway where the macolet is, but still...]

So I thought OK it is Big [wivva capital B] and Heavy [wivva capital H] and a four-wheel drive monster, but if he can do it maybe The Silver Monster can.......?

Well he could and he did and so for the first time in probably over three months now I was able to take Pereg out for a gallopy trot round the Moshav! We stopped to say hello to various people we had not seen for what seems like a lifetime, then carried on to the end of one road, turned round and came back, calling in at other places on the way.

To be honest I had forgotten how big The Silver Monster is but also how easy his steering is, and how reactive he is to changes in speed, but oh was it fun. For both Pereg and for me!

I took a bottle of water and a bowl so I could keep giving her water as it is still hot and she has not been out galloping for so long so kept panting, although I did slow right down and make her walk slowly in between gallops, and she is now flat out!

Me? I am just so happy that I have finally been able to take Pereg out!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Wooohooo! Thats brilliant
Glad you both have your freedom back now!

Many more adventures ahead?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:08 PM
That is good news Malka. You must be feeling on cloud 9 at the moment.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-09-2013, 03:38 PM
It was a wee bit tricky getting The Silver Monster reversed back into The Shack, as it, TS, was built for Bronco who was smaller than The SM. Nir had concreted a sort of "drive up to reverse back" but of course there are tons of earth and stones everywhere until they come and sort it out and they have been off work since last Tuesday, Succot having started on Wednesday evening and not ending until this Thursday evening, which means that they will not be back until Sunday at the earliest.

And, when Nir built The Shack in the first place, had I any idea that I would be replacing Bronco with The Silver Monster The Shack could have been a bit wider and a bit longer, but hey ho, who knew way back then?! As it is I have just enough space to get past The SM on my crutches once he is parked and the door of The Shack is closed and padlocked.

Pereg was absolutely wonderful out - she knows what I mean by Steady, Slow down, Wait, and Quick quick when making left-hand turns or going round the little roundabout. And she gallops, trots, or steadily walks according to the speed I go.

So she stopped to say hello to my very first student on the Moshav [way back when she was studying for her Bagrut (Matriculation)], and her two children - number three due in about two weeks I think. Said hello to various other people I had not seen for months, and was one very happy little Pereg!

Mind you, light steering or not, my arms feel ready to fall off - I did not name him The Silver Monster for nothing!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 03:44 PM
That is fantastic news really pleased you have been able to get out and take Pereg out for a run.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:45 PM
You must feel tons better just having been out and communicated with the outside world for the first time in months.
Pereg will be flat out all right, and she will sleep tonight I would imagine, and I hope you get a decent nights sleep because this will put your mind at rest I'm sure.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-09-2013, 04:08 PM
As the schools are off until Sunday, with Simhat Torah starting Wednesday evening and all day Thursday, I only have tomorrow, Wednesday morning and then Friday morning to take her out again until Sunday.

Pereg has never been bothered by the Moshav tractors, however big some of them are, and totally ignores school buses and heavy trucks, so until they mess things up again, at least I know I can now get The Silver Monster out to take Pereg for gallopy trots. Also, the schools being off, I might take her onto the grassy area next to the footie pitch [might even go on that ] with her either on her long wotsit [12m I think] or even let her off leash, as I know that her recall is 100% and if I turn to drive off she zooms back to me without even being called.

Not quite the freedom that a lot of your dogs have, but the best I can do for Pereg, limited as I am where I live.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 04:09 PM
That is marvellous news Malka, well done, bet Pereg loved it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Moyra, I have been regularly going into The Shack to make sure The Silver Monster is OK and to keep him charged up, but today was the first time I actually went out on him with Pereg [her leash, plus the long lead are firmly attached to the rear nearside frame of The SMs canopy roof so I do not need three hands], and I know that when we are on the road she is safe.

She cannot get in front of my front wheels, nor can she get behind the rear wheels to be in any danger of passing vehicles.

But oh the excitement because I had not just taken off my computer spectacles but not put on a pair of my bifocals - just my graduated tint distance spectacles which I only wear when out on The Silver Monster!

She just knew that we were going gallop trots! Bless her xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Happy Days Malka
I'm sure Pereg enjoyed her gallop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >