Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Perhaps they spend so much time reading forums they don't bother to read books!
Hi Jantet Your quick, I always never can come out with a snappy answer,get words mixed up to the embarrisment of every one,it was like we were asked to join a team for a pub quiz,One of the questions was about an extinct bird couldnt get the right word and answered by using the word to describe a ladies sex toy.I had to have it explained as well Gemini54
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh dear!

In my innocence, I once saw something about 'Dogging' in a wood near where I used to live. Got quite excited thinking it was some sort of dog training going on there. But of course it wasn't. Luckily I didn't turn up with the dogs I had at the time.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Re Mongolia, there's a lovely documentary/drama called The Weeping Camel set in Mongolia.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 10:25 PM
I saw that documentary about the autistic boy - it was incredibly moving.

My daughter and SIL went to see Rush a few days ago, and they really enjoyed it. I was worried that the relationship between Hunt ("well actually Murray....!") and Lauda would be portrayed wrongly, but it has been handled very well apparently and shows them as being good friends off track, which is quite right.

I will look for that book, it sounds good.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I saw that documentary about the autistic boy - it was incredibly moving.

My daughter and SIL went to see Rush a few days ago, and they really enjoyed it. I was worried that the relationship between Hunt ("well actually Murray....!") and Lauda would be portrayed wrongly, but it has been handled very well apparently and shows them as being good friends off track, which is quite right.

I will look for that book, it sounds good.
Hi I admired James Hunt,even though he sometimes seemed to love himself,but when the chips were down he dragged Lauda from the car absolutely incredible,then I read after his death he had a heart condition,maybe that was why he lived life to excess.Lauda doesnt drive competively but he is a pilot,I think if I had used all my lifes up would rather do something safe like looking after the Roses.Gemini54
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Re Mongolia, there's a lovely documentary/drama called The Weeping Camel set in Mongolia.
Hi Jantet

Will look out for that, had a chuckle re you going down to the woods,it puts a whole new slant on having a picnic in the wood those poor "Teddybears"Gemini54
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Just ordered the book at the library looking forward to getting stuck in.

thanks for recommendation.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2