View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2013, 11:46 PM
My dog doesn't eat poo or anything but my hair is on the long side, so sometimes when he does a poo there could be one of my hairs there dangling with the poo, sorry not a great thing to chat about is it lol
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Remus has just eaten a poo out of the potty.
Oh I am so glad to find another dog that does this. My sisters Staffy does this. She will also lick poo from nappies, and off kids bums. I try to remember to shut her in her crate. Not so easily done when my nephew starts pulling his nappy down. I always spray her mouth afterwards, she loves to give kisses.

My dog loves cat poo. The other day on the green she stuffed some in her mouth. I caught her and she left the other bit.

My dog used to eat her own poo. Once looked out of a kitchen window to see her with a bit hanging from her mouth, lovely!. Thankfully she out grew it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Oh I am so glad to find another dog that does this. My sisters Staffy does this. She will also lick poo from nappies, and off kids bums. I try to remember to shut her in her crate. Not so easily done when my nephew starts pulling his nappy down. I always spray her mouth afterwards, she loves to give kisses.

My dog loves cat poo. The other day on the green she stuffed some in her mouth. I caught her and she left the other bit.

My dog used to eat her own poo. Once looked out of a kitchen window to see her with a bit hanging from her mouth, lovely!. Thankfully she out grew it.
Why do we have dogs again?! I think it's quite common, I'm not sure if it's the taste or the need to clean up after babies. Tonks will do it as well given half the chance..and the girls have both learnt not to bend down naked infront of Tonks because she'll lick their bums.

Remus ate horse poo the other day, and then threw it up on our bedroom floor in the early hours.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I was going to add to this thread, but I feel too sick now
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Well I shall add one last thing and then I shall need to go for a long walk, because the smell still haunts me and it was the most appalling thing any of my dogs has ever done.

The late Jessie, cocker spaniel, the greediest dog who ever lived, once dug up Vera, a deceased pet rat, and I caught her eating it on the settee.

As catrinsparkes says - why do we have dogs?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Janet,Thankyou for that imagine,I think it will stay with me forever Poor Vera
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Anyone else noticed no matter what awful stuff their dogs will eat when a really nice meal is placed in front of them they sniff it, sniff it again and look at you as if you are trying to poison them, but a pile of poo or a dead rotting corpse yummy yummy.
BigV
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Mine loves to eat cow or sheep poo........... and I don't mean just a little taster either, he will gobble it up given half a chance.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Luckily for me I don't walk through any fields with cow muck in, but it would be a safe bet that mine would eat it if they ever came across it. They've occasionally snacked on horse droppings on the bridle path, and when the sheep are grazed in the fields they feel it their duty to clear up after them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3