Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sounds ideal and a lovely way to spend time.
Yes! And it's because of the hot weather here of course that most of the dogwalking and dogmeet activity goes on AFTER DARK! Or, in my case, before sun up. But we are now coming to that time of year when muttley's main walk will be in the evening or she gets two. But if you want to see the other dogs in great numbers you go for the evening one. That's when most come out.

Not something I ever did in the UK - meet up with lots of other dog owners after dark!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Wow what a wonderful group of friends Bella has .... all shapes and sizes and I bet they'd al have incredible stories to tell of their pasts if they could talk
I love that last shot of her on her fab new bed with such lovely bedding on ... especially for her
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Wow what a wonderful group of friends Bella has .... all shapes and sizes and I bet they'd al have incredible stories to tell of their pasts if they could talk
I love that last shot of her on her fab new bed with such lovely bedding on ... especially for her
Yeah you gotta laugh really. There's me only liking top notch 100% white cotton bedding from Debs or M&S and ....

Well the picture says it all really - obviously so does she!

*That's MY side she is lying on. And she is supposed to be on that lovely velvet blanket bought specially for her.

At least she's not on my pillow so I won't have to get the ginger stubble off it before I can rest my face on it!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Fab pics of them all , you should open a little after hrs cafe down there, with a bar
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2013, 07:07 AM
The only time I walked the dogs regularly after dark was in the summer of 1976. It was so hot that all the local dog owners met up in the park really late - it wasn't the sort of place you'd normally dare to you to on your own at night, but the local weirdos didn't stand a chance against an army of dog owners!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Fab pics of them all , you should open a little after hrs cafe down there, with a bar
I'd have to give the drinks away. Most of these dog owners being from Eastern Europe earn very low wages. It is to their credit that they fork out for feeding their beloved mutts and even more to their credit that they make time to take them out and walk them after most have worked around a 12 hour day. You can see the same ones before 7am too getting them out before leaving them to go to work.

Originally Posted by jantet View Post
The only time I walked the dogs regularly after dark was in the summer of 1976. It was so hot that all the local dog owners met up in the park really late - it wasn't the sort of place you'd normally dare to you to on your own at night, but the local weirdos didn't stand a chance against an army of dog owners!
Not a problem here in Cyprus luckily. Very low crime stats and I have no hesitation walking around on my own in the wee small hours or before sun up. My daughter, who lives in Reading often goes out just for a 'nice walk' after midnight when staying here as it's something she wouldn't dare do when back home. Even for returning from quite local haunts back in Reading, if she is on her own, she has to take a cab.

*but then I've got the might BellaZilla to protect me lol!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

14-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Aw lovely photos of them all. Love the wee one on her bed all tuckered out, bless her.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Lovely photos.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Yes! And it's because of the hot weather here of course that most of the dogwalking and dogmeet activity goes on AFTER DARK! Or, in my case, before sun up. But we are now coming to that time of year when muttley's main walk will be in the evening or she gets two. But if you want to see the other dogs in great numbers you go for the evening one. That's when most come out.

Not something I ever did in the UK - meet up with lots of other dog owners after dark!
Is that what's called dogging

Lovely pics I love to see groups of dogs all getting on well.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2013, 05:35 PM
So do I Nippy and of course for most of the dogs it is the social highlight of their day. I managed to get a slightly better piccie of the Boston Terrier this evening. You can just see Bella approaching him (she's offlead here). He is a lovely dog. Looks a bit squashed up in this piccie - his owner was making him sit for it! We were both waiting at the entrance to the field paths for the GSDs and their owner to go before going in.

Bit of an altercation later (not Bella) which I've posted separately about.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >