Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Doesn't take much to please me!

Very happy bunny today with my nice new palm I went out and bought this morning! Fitted it in the little Nissan too!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Very nice, I love Palms and ferns both indoors and out.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Very nice, I love Palms and ferns both indoors and out.
Would have loved it outside where I can see it but alas it just gets TOO windy at times up here and they get blown over and the edges of leaves get a bit 'burned' too. Fortunately there is plenty of room in here.

I had just the spot for it mapped out but when I placed it there you couldn't see the telly lol!

My kind of day really - all I've done so far is walk the dog for a long time above the lake. Buy this and lots more flowery things and sunbathe outside for a couple of hours.

I raided the cupboards and freezer to find food. I am avoiding grocery shopping for a few days!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Please don't keep on about sunbathing It's clouded right over again here

All I have done is plant 24 pansies and mooched about. Well it is the weekend!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Thats nice glad it made you happy. I always think the little pleasures in life are the best.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2013, 01:44 PM
That's nice. You deserved a nice day after yesterday.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Afternoon Pat - that plant looks lovely I do like your colour scheme - is the colour of the blind teal? It might just be the light but the room looks gorgeous I have a room here which is teal, pale grey and white.

It sounds as though you've had a nice relaxing day there so far - you needed it after the last few days

Beautifully sunny here with blue skies .... no cloud so very lucky here in the SE. However, we certainly can't match your temperatures ...... I can but dream looking out the window though.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Jenny it's more just blue really. The walls are 'Ash White' with the highlighted bits a sort of Battleship Grey!

I was lucky to find those not too frilly or patterned voiles as they have 'softened' the very minimalistic and stark look it had to begin with and the blue stencilled flowers on them match the colour of the blinds exactly - I was reminded a bit of a posh private hospital lol! (well it was a 'bloke pad' - owner has the local tattoo parlour and beauty parlour and lived here until last year when he sold it to his brother who rents it out - his claim to fame is he did all Jordan's and Peter Andre's tattoos and has huge photos of them up in his parlour. I told him I'd be keeping shtum about those two lol!

I want to keep the fairly minimal and open spacey look but it just had to start looking a 'bit more like home'. And I think nothing works better than plants for that. And you can ring the changes with them! I've got LOTS of plants inside. I'll take some pics for you.