Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 08:46 PM

Italian Volpino.

Anyone know anything about them? I've just seen a ad in perfect pup in dogs today, and they look cute and small, and are being bred by breeders of Cane Corsos, and I have to say by looks they don't seem like the type of dogs that would be owned along side CC's, (a observation not a judgement ) and as I've not heard of them before I wondered whether anyone knows about them or have met them, what is their temperment like, and what were they bred for things like that.
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I saw possibly the same ad., and did a little googling. This link was interesting
http://www.volpinoitaliano.com/volpinoeng/

There are also some US sites. I came to the conclusion that the temperament could be a little iffy to non-family members in some lines, and you'd really need to meet the parents of any pup. Gorgeous looking though!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks , from that it makes more sense with them being bred by people who breed CC's, I wouldn't of guessed that the were used as a alarm clock for the dogs with power, wonder how much they've changed though, as I did a quick google image search and some of them looked quite hairy, not really the look of a dog that you would expect to live on a farm.
Droppe
New Member!
Female 

25-09-2013, 05:48 PM
My friend has a female and her Sister has the brother. They are high maintenance mid-sized dogs. They were bred to warn the larger breed guard dogs of possible threats to ?sheep herds? ...can't remember just who or what they were guarding.....they are barkers and jumpers. A one-person loyal dog. Jealous of contact with their Alpha. That is not to say they aren't a good and smart animal. But I believe they need a great deal of attention, training and excercise...need to be socialized...and maybe...just maybe, they'd do best living with a doggie pal....
Droppe
New Member!
Female 

25-09-2013, 05:51 PM
...as to their coat:it's like that of the sled dogs...an under and outer coat...