Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:46 PM

Really really annoyed .......,

For a few months my 16 yr old nephew has called to take the dogs out for a walk on a Sunday. I never asked him to do this as im one of these folks who like exercise their own dogs but he kept on & on at me until i gave in. He doesnt always come which leaves me up in the air wondering should i or shouldnt i go on out myself or he comes in the middle of a feed. Having a dog who has bloated twice the big rule is - no exercise an hour before or an hour after a meal & nephew knows this. He knows the dogs are fed at 4pm & here we are at 4.30pm dogs not fed, still waiting.

He has a mobile phone & could send a text. He is also meant to bring my Mum her Sunday paper in the morning & she pays him for doing that - he hasnt done that either this week.

I have asked nephew & my brother to let me know if
(a) nephew cant come or bring paper
(b) he cant walk the dogs.

Even though i never asked him to walk the dogs i give him money to do it

I just feel that from now on i will tell him to forget Sundays, i was never that keen on him doing it in first place & mum is sooooo disappointed she didnt get her paper. The dogs believe it or not know its Sunday & have been waiting bright
eyed from they got up for him to call

Why are people so inconsiderate - as mum says, the money we gave him on Sunday mustn't have meant a thing. He got double figures between us!

Oh well, i may go feed the munchkins & take them out later myself!
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Get the paper delivered, at least then you know you will get it.
As for your dogs I would feed them at the correct time. If your nephew turns up he will have to either wait till your happy it's ok to walk them or leave you to walk them yourself. x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
It's not good that your nephew has let you all down but teenagers(and people in general) can sometimes just not realise or give thought and other more exciting or appealing things come along(girls/boys? etc.). Am sorry don't really know what to say but hope it all sorts out, you've been more than resonable n have to do what's best for all of you x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Get the paper delivered, at least then you know you will get it.
As for your dogs I would feed them at the correct time. If your nephew turns up he will have to either wait till your happy it's ok to walk them or leave you to walk them yourself. x
Totally agree.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Teenagers..... tsk!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Totally agree.
So do I! You've got to lay down some ground rules here, afterall, HE is the one who wants to do it isn't he. Tell him if he can't be bothered to ring you early enough from his mobile phone which is probably permanently glued to his ear, then the rule is, if he's not there by such and such a time he can forget it! As for the paper, get it delivered, tell him your mum isn't prepared to go without her papers just because he's found something more exciting to do! Teenagers who'd 'ave 'em! I remember it well don't you!!!!

It's not fair on you or your dogs to be in limbo like this on a Sunday, so make sure he knows, there's a deadline for his walk! Is it raining??? Maybe that's the reason!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:13 PM
It is not acceptable that he has not let you know that he is not coming and even more so not to deliver your mum's paper.

I don't know his/your circumstances of course - but I know my 16 year old is in the middle of GCSEs at present and so I am not committing him to anything extra, other than his usual out of school stuff (reduced at present) and revision.

Not that I am saying it is acceptable that he has not arrived or let you know, but just a thought - might he be revising today? I know 16 year old's truly do believe that the world revolves around them and no-one else has anything else to do, other than hang around for them !!
I would just carry on with my routine and then when you do hear from him ask if he intends to carry on doing his tasks or not. Exams will be over soon and he will probably have more time on his hands ...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Teenagers (bless `em) don`t know they have to consider anyone else because they are the centre of their own little angst-ridden universe.
Why not sit him down and talk to him about it and explain why what he does affects other people? You`d be doing him a favour.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
take the dogs out yourself for a nice early morning walk to get the paper Problem solved. That way you axe the fees for the dog walk, you axe the fees for paper delivery (which is extortinate these days!) - I just cancelled my grandparents paper delivery service as they were being charged absolutely absurd amount of money to have the paper delivered when they only live five minutes from the paper store. - i now pop round to make sure they are ok, and drop off the paper at the same time.

Happy dogs, happy mother and happy wallet
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
We had a nice walk over the fields, took their balls & ball chucker Harvey insisted on taking his squeaky toy - carried the whole time there & back & managed to cram a tennis ball in his mouth as well

Its more the fact mum likes to see nephew than the paper. Hes been wandering aimlessly up & down the road for the past hour!

Off now to make a cuppa