Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I mwt a man with one of these on the heath last week. I guessed it was a Mastiff x Rotty and he said "close, a French Mastiff x Rotty". It was a nice looking dog and quite calm and friendly. The other cross breed he had was just plain ugly in my opinion and that was a Shar Pei x Beagle.

I asked him if he had any health problems with the Shar Pei cross and he said it had to have operations for entropion. As I went through this with Cherry I know how painful it must be for the dog.
A sharpei cross beagle.......... why, why, why!!!

Now I saw a beagle x pug this weekend, it was cute, but on the other hand it was only 8 weeks old! I wonder how active its going to be??!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 06:33 PM
we have a beaglexpug in at the kennels at the mo, its quite cute.
But today a rottie x akita turned up and i have to say im quite taken with him. hes huge and has the colours and markings or a rotti but with quite long hair and a curly wurley tail. He also has a rotti face with a slightly longer nose. Very people friendly but majoy dog aggresion, made walking him quite hard as he is very strong
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:10 PM
My cousins got a dog called Simba who is a DDB cross bull mastiff and although I've only seen pics he looks just like a DDB and apparently has a good temperment, I've also seen a bitch pup of the same cross gorgeous temperment and who looked like a bull mastiff but her ears were different, a few years ago it seemed to be bull mastiffs cross rotties who were popular, but I have to say I've only met one scary one, a brindle who was broughy as a yard dog to protect the owners motorbikes after a couple of break ins, but I think any dog in that situation would end up frustrated and aggresive, but I have noticed a few sorts with DDB recently, although they too seem friendly a few had horrundos movement, I do just think that there might soon be a slow change from Staffies and pit types to the larger mastiff breeds and do wonder whether these crosses so far are the start of getting a bigger dog who looks hard and the owners can flog the pups of, I do wonder though how many vets will benefit from breeding any old large breeds together with no thought of the pups health, although there has to be some good breeders.
Paws4Life
New Member!
Female 

23-09-2013, 11:04 PM
I just adopted a Rottie Mastiff and hes the best dog ive ever meet. Verry good looking, loving and gental. Also super laid back
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Paws4Life View Post
I just adopted a Rottie Mastiff and hes the best dog ive ever meet. Verry good looking, loving and gental. Also super laid back
Post some photos Amaya - I love both breeds but have never seen a Rottie x Mastiff before.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4