View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I love monty to bits but when he's gone he's gone and I'll remember him for everything he was/is and move on.

It is also a helll of a lot of money really that most people couldn't afford. Imagine paying out all that money and then the dog having an accident and then has to be pts. Do you then get the cheque book out and go through it all again?!?

I personally think there are medical sciences that money could be far better spent on.

So that's a big no from me.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Big no from me, every living thing is only meant to be here for a certain amount of time..and only once, it's just part of life. I'd give anything to have my old Polly back, but still don't think I'd want her cloned..it's not the same dog, at all. It's just physically replicated.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Definitely not!
I have been blessed with some wonderful canine companions throughout my life and have been left with precious memories. Death is part of life and we have to learn to grieve and move on. We only have one life and IMHO shouldn't spend it looking back.

Mick
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I can think of no better way to devastate the genetic diversity that our dogs retain.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Absolutely not. That is nuts; some people have more money than common sense.

The silly thing is if you get a pedigree dog, it isn't hard to find a dog from a very similar breeding. For example, if I wanted a pup that was from a similar breeding to my current dog, I would have no trouble in sourcing a half brother or sister.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:46 PM
No way! I love each of my dog's for their individual personalities, quirks and characters. They could never be replicated ... and I wouldn't want them to be! Crazy!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
if all of the above was guaranteed, then I would have logan back, as well as the rest of my lot,

but as you would only get the look, then NO.
the more I think about this, lol, the more daft it seems,

I would need to replicate every life experiance, all the training, yada yada,
so NO for me as well.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 03:40 PM
As much as I miss my Dobes, I really dont think I could have had them cloned..

All 4 were so different in character and personality it was unbelievable at times.
Kai and Luna "looked" the same to the untrained eye... but there mannerisms and characters shone through and I could always tell them apart ( Pete would sometimes get them mixed up if they were playing in the paddock and was always saying to me "how can you always tell who's who" I just could!

So even if they can clone a dog to look the same, I dont think they could clone all the dogs little mannerism's, quirks and personality to make it "that dog" again.

Besides.. look what happened to Dolly the Sheep they cloned..
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2009, 11:49 PM
a big NO from me to every dog is different,even if they are the same breed and thats what makes ever one of them special and keep us hooked
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Not in a million years. Even if resulting clone was an exact replica, with the same temperament and character it still would not be the same dog. Imho it's ridiculous.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >