View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 07:52 AM
I used to carry an old washing up liquid bottle filled with water when i took my JRT out as he always had loose bowels so i could wash it away. If the poo wasn't left in the first place then kids would not get covered in it......believe me it aint pleasant cleaning it up - especially when the kids are in a park playing in the kids area where dogs should not be in the first place !

Bit confused Stumpy ....if you prefer dogs to kids why did you have a child ? just curious in the nicest possible way of course.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes, do poo is disgusting, and I think most people pick up.
But what I also find disgusting is chewing gum all over the pavement and stuck to seats, crips packets and cans littering the pavement and my garden when the kids go past to/from school, sick on the pavement where some drunk has puked after a few too many...........
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

I agree to everything said so far. To be honest, I think we should have dog parks. At least then those who don't like dogs can stay away, those who are responsible will pick up their dog's poo and those who aren't will no doubt get moaned at by the responsible owners.

And I prefer dogs to kids also.

I have a 4 year old Son who CAN read. Not everything but most things. And hes ALWAYS supervised so if small children get into a mess eating dog poo, then yes, it's down to the parents. I'm not saying that all children can be watched 24/7 because at home I DO take my eyes off him. But when we're out and about, I watch him like a hawk. If I can't see him, I panic and those who've walked with me (YoungStevie and QueenWillow) will be able to tell you what I'm like in Sutton Park.

I always pick up after my dogs unless they've done a hell of a lot ofit and I've run otu of bags in which case Ihave no choice but to leave it, or if they have na upset stomach (as all GSDs do at some point) and I'd make more of a mess by trying to pick it up.

Laura xx
The dog park 'thing' has been discussed on here before. On paper they look good, but in principal they are a terrible idea. I think the conclusions were that dog parks would only work if they were on a big chunk of private land and were run by membership only. Obviously, however, this isn't feasible for much of the country because the land just doesn't exist.

Council run dog parks would be dreadful. The minute those happen I'm emigrating to somewhere dog friendly in Europe LOL. I can envision it now...'dog parks' the size of tennis courts, a small, flat, tiny, boring area crowded with various dogs scrapping inside. They have these kind of dog parks in the States too and from the impression I get on American forums, these cause far more trouble than good. Multiple strange dogs in a small fenced in space will always be a recipe for disaster. Not to mention, how boring are they for dog AND owner? I like to WALK, not watch my dog be humped in an area smaller than my garden!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Yes, do poo is disgusting, and I think most people pick up.
But what I also find disgusting is chewing gum all over the pavement and stuck to seats, crips packets and cans littering the pavement and my garden when the kids go past to/from school, sick on the pavement where some drunk has puked after a few too many...........
You think the sick is bad, the other day Monty and I walked along a road through a huge housing estate and noticed a pair of boxer shorts on the pavement. I told Monty to leave and we walked on about 5 paces where there was a huge human turd on the side of the pavement!

Someone had obviously s**t themselves, turfed it out onto the pavement then decided they were leaving their undies as well! Gross!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
You think the sick is bad, the other day Monty and I walked along a road through a huge housing estate and noticed a pair of boxer shorts on the pavement. I told Monty to leave and we walked on about 5 paces where there was a huge human turd on the side of the pavement!

Someone had obviously s**t themselves, turfed it out onto the pavement then decided they were leaving their undies as well! Gross!
Remind me not to visit Devon any time soon.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post

I caught JoJo eating human S hit the other day in the park. Delightful!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Can anyone remember a thread on here, maybe even a year ago, when local people thought they had a major dog fouling problem and when they set CCTV up in the park in question it was a person using it regularily instead?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3