Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:32 AM

Is it wrong to be THIS excited?!?

Just wanting to check I'm not that strange. I don't have a dog at the moment, but hope to within the year. I miss having dogs to look after, I used to regularly have access to 20+ dogs that I would dog sit for, and be a dog walker, I haven't been able to recently, I miss dogs so much!

Last week I got really excited and happy about taking my friends chocolate lab for a walk as they couldn't that day, I LOVED it! She was a lovely girl and so well behaved.

I'm now looking after two mini schnauzer boys this weekend, and I'm REALLY excited! I've been planning the garden and checking the fencing, planning where the beds and bowls can go, where the best walks are round here...I'm only having them Friday til Sunday!

I'm also lucky enough to have them the week after I come back from my honeymoon, I'm so excited about having them for an entire week.

Am I sad? Is there something wrong with being this excited and happy?? I'm just wandering how bad I'll be when I FINALLY have my own dog!!!

Melanie
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Not sad at all, I think it is lovely and the dogs are going to be so lucky to have someone who loves them so much to look after them
If you were closer to me you could look after my two
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you need a dog of your very own, ASAP!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Not sad at all, it is important that we have things in our lives that we are passionate about. enjoy this weekend
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
lol your not sad at all. you sounds like me, altho i had to wait 10 years for my other dog. seriously the year will pass soooo quick. any ideas on what you want?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Not at all sad. I would say lucky dogs, having someone as passionate as you to walk them and care for them
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
thanks everyone, feeling a bit less weird now!
i do need a dog of my own, definately!
i've just finished my 5th year at university, so am almost in a position (all being well) to offer a dog a home, the house we're renting has a lovely fenced garden and is an ok size for a starter house. the landlord is letting us dog sit for these dogs, and he knows i'm trsutworthy, so we're soon entering into discussions about allowing us a dog.

as for breeds, well, my fiance is allergic to some, hes reacted to gsds, labs and greyhounds, as well as the utonagan he's met.

i love airedales and he'll be meeting a pack of 6 after we're married to determine any reaction, we also like border terriers, he's had a westie and a yorkie, so they're an option.

i am so excited to be able to finally offer a dog a home, as soon as the timing is right and our financial state is ready, we'll be looking for a dog - its an exciting time! just hope it passes quickly. i'm 24 and have been waiting for a looong time!!

thanks again everyone for making me feel normal
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Melanie I would have been excited too ..
Enjoy the Mini boys you lucky thing i'm excited for you!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I think its lovely because the dogs will be so well cared for.
I am sure the people who are leaving them with you will have no worries and be able to enjoy their break.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Of course it's not wrong..... sounds like normal behaviour to me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >