View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2009, 08:44 PM
thank u for help.. sjpurt have u got email addy so i can email u to chat bout it thanks
i know wat u r saying and i think sbt r one of the best dogs going.. and i think its nasty that so many r treated the way they r ..
Please note posting guideline 6.9. Please take time to preview your posting before hitting the submit button, Thanks. It is discourteous to the reader not to bother to make ones posts legible. Imagine what the site would be like if everyone took so little care with their posts.

Posting Guideline 6.9

No text or teen talk, and please make sure your posts are legible - Our community areas are not 'chat rooms' so please take time to preview your postings before hitting the submit button, use proper punctuation and spelling. Please make sure the language you use is commonly understood English. It is discourteous to the reader not to bother to make ones posts legible - such posts will be deleted, so please make sure you spend a little time previewing them before hitting the submit button. If you have trouble spelling there are lots of free spell checkers around, such as: www.spellcheck.net. Thanks for your understanding - if we didn't have this rule much of the site would become illegible, and that's not something we want.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:45 PM
LOL! There's a big difference between knowing about a breed and knowing about breeding.
Clearly you didn't know that.
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
LOL! There's a big difference between knowing about a breed and knowing about breeding.
Clearly you didn't know that.
and i was asking for help as thats wat u do aint it.. so far ive done things right so i think im doing ok ,,,
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:53 PM
and like i said my dogs r very healty and clear .. and i am allowed my own oppinion,, only one reply on here has been helpful and i thank the person very much
No I think you mean that only one person has offered up advice to you that you want to hear! SJ has been kind in offering to basically guide you through stuff you should have known well in advance of mating your bitch.

I am absolutely against being anti breeding for the sake of it. I breed myself, so I'd be a hypocrite to tell you that you are wrong to breed in any circumstance. However, you are breeding dogs that are already being bred in abundance and you are breeding without knowing the most fundamental information for yourself. I researched for two years before I attempted to have my girl mated and would never have done that without building a solid relationship with my Mentor, who I was absolutely sure was with me all the way! I think too much of my girls to ever put them in jeopardy through my own ignorance.

It's also a bit rude to say that only one person has helped you, when I for one have tried to give you some pointers in the right direction (i.e. find a Mentor - like now)!

You need to get "The Book of the Bitch" and read it front to back and then again. Then you'll be about a tenth of the way there. After that you need to research breeding in your specific breed. That's just to start you off.........................experience is something you can only gain hands on, that's why you have a Mentor to guide you through your first few litters! You seem to be taking this mating as a "day out" but let me tell you something, seeing your girl through whelping safely is no walk in the park.

I'm not going to comment on this thread anymore, as I've criticised some members in the past for being judgmental to newbies and now I've just gone and done it but I felt it needed to be said. I'll shut up now
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
No I think you mean that only one person has offered up advice to you that you want to hear! SJ has been kind in offering to basically guide you through stuff you should have known well in advance of mating your bitch.

I am absolutely against being anti breeding for the sake of it. I breed myself, so I'd be a hypocrite to tell you that you are wrong to breed in any circumstance. However, you are breeding dogs that are already being bred in abundance and you are breeding without knowing the most fundamental information for yourself. I researched for two years before I attempted to have my girl mated and would never have done that without building a solid relationship with my Mentor, who I was absolutely sure was with me all the way! I think too much of my girls to ever put them in jeopardy through my own ignorance.

It's also a bit rude to say that only one person has helped you, when I for one have tried to give you some pointers in the right direction (i.e. find a Mentor - like now)!

You need to get "The Book of the Bitch" and read it front to back and then again. Then you'll be about a tenth of the way there. After that you need to research breeding in your specific breed. That's just to start you off.........................experience is something you can only gain hands on, that's why you have a Mentor to guide you through your first few litters! You seem to be taking this mating as a "day out" but let me tell you something, seeing your girl through whelping safely is no walk in the park.

I'm not going to comment on this thread anymore, as I've criticised some members in the past for being judgmental to newbies and now I've just gone and done it but I felt it needed to be said. I'll shut up now
i have been readin the book of the bitch and finding it very helpful.. i know its no day out .. but i want to get it all right ,, my friend has been breeding for long time and is going to help me too. and i do thank u too i know u have helped too .
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:02 PM
thanks again... i have spent alot of money having helth checks done as i wanted to do it all right for my dogs .....
What are the full names of the conditions that you have screened for then?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Labradork - she can't say. She doesn't know. But her dogs are VERY healthy!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Labradork - she can't say. She doesn't know. But her dogs are VERY healthy!
I know.
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:26 PM
i think this site is disgusting ok so thanks for nothing,, i did not come here to get abbused by u lot and i will be taking this further ..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:33 PM
You are being questioned, not abused. It is quite obvious from your posts that you have not had your bitch screened for congenital diseases. Having a quick one over from the vet does not make them healthy.

I feel very sorry for SBT's as a breed at the moment. I was in my local RSPCA several weeks ago and there was a litter of mostly white Staffie pups, 7 weeks old, some of whom were deaf. Most of the adult dogs in the shelter were Staffies or Staffie crosses, too. Very sad indeed.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >