Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:28 PM

help in mating

hi all ive got 2 staffs and they have been mating like rabbits, lol ,, she is in day 15 to 16 or season, and they keep mating, do i let them do it still ? and she is bleeding little bit still. but i phoned the vet and i was bit shocked as they didnt say much ,, and i see this site and looks very helpfull, i think i will have to see another vet too. and is it good chance she pregnant as she been mating alot.. thanks in advance
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Both dogs are health checked? You have homes already set up for the forthcoming pups? Why do you need a second vet? Are you not happy with the advice given by your first vet? When did your bitch come into season? Did you obtain any info about mating before you allowed your dogs to mate? Have you done your research on whelping bitches? Are you aware of the risks and things that can go wrong?
How old are your dogs? Is your dog a proven stud dog?

I take it you're not a recognised breder, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this. So what are your reasons for having a litter at this particular time? (Particularly as so many dogs in rescue are waiting for new homes)

People will be able to help you better the more info you can give about your dogs.

Laura xx
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
yes both dogs have been checked and ive got homes for pups if she is pregnant.. ive had my male since puppy and i got female wen she was bout year old.. but im new to breeding.. i only will breed her once then get her done ,.. she been in season bout 2 weeks now .. and she has been mated quite few times and tied,... but she still bleeding. and the vet didnt seem to help full. he just said wait and see .. ... and i see alot on here bout breeding so i thought this would be good place to ask ... is the bleeding normal or if she has fallen pregnant would bleeding stop? and she ? still wanting the male so does that mean she still fertile ? thanks mandy...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Personally, I wouldn't allow more than a couple of ties to take place. It's not necessary and one of them could end up getting hurt. As for the bleeding, I don't think this is an indication that she is not pregnant at all. Some bitches bleed longer than others. I think that was what you were asking but not sure........

I don't mean to be rude at all but, from your post, it appears you have a lot to learn. That's fine but please make sure you read everything you possibly can beforehand and it is always a very good idea to have a Mentor available 24/7 for help/advice. Delivering pups can be very scary if it is your first time
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
thank u .. im new to breeding and i want all advice i can to make sure it goes well,. im doing lot research on it too. so u dont think i should let them mate any more?? like i said she is bleeding a bit still and i didnt know wether to let them mate again , and i didnt know if the bleeding stopped wen she mated ,, thank u for help
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
my bitch has been bleeding for bout 16 days now , it did go lighter , and she has been mated few times now,, as she didnt stop bleeding but it did die down bit, could she be pregnant still as i got my family wanting pups then im getting her done as i dont want to breed her any more only this once .. thanks
oh and will she only let male mate wen she fertile?? thanks again
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi,

Are you breeding your bitch purely because your family are wanting pups?
Yuo say you are new to breeding but it seems you haven't read up much on the info that is available an deasily accessible. You also say uyou nly wish to breed her once then have her done (spayed ??) - so what are your reasons for breeding her at all?
Are you going to use your male as a stud dog after this litter?

I'm curious as there are thousands of staffies, young pups as well as older dogs who need homes. Why can't your family approach the relevant rescues to find suitable dogs instead of producing more?

Laura xx
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
i have my reasons for breeding as i said and i dont think im doing wrong breeding s my family want pups and i would never put any dog homeless.. i came to this site for help but dont worry i see thats not wat im getting.. ill go else where and get help.. sure some one will help me....
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:17 AM
To be that defensive then clearly you're not convinced that you're doing the right thing.

It was a simple enoug question. Funny how you're so defensive!

If you wish to become a responsible and reputable breeder then why are you only breeding your bitch once? Are you going to buy any more dogs for breeding? Or is this a one off, get rich quick scheme?

Maybe you should've done your research BEFORE trying to mate your dogs. There are peope who are experienced in mating dogs and you wouldn't have to put them together every day (or as often as you're allowing them to mate).

By breeding a litter of pups (particularly when you DON'T know what youre doing) means that whatever hmes those pups go to, are not going to take in SBT puppies frmo rescues. meaning that yes, you are helping to make dogs homeless.

I work for a small local dog rescue and we've recently rehomed a 3 month old SBT pup. Just goes to show doesn't it?!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:00 AM
i have my reasons for breeding as i said and i dont think im doing wrong breeding s my family want pups and i would never put any dog homeless.. i came to this site for help but dont worry i see thats not wat im getting.. ill go else where and get help.. sure some one will help me....

I'm sorry you feel that way but, to be honest, your posts do come across as if you are not taking this mating seriously (as any mating should be - there is an awful lot of responsibility that goes along with breeding any dog).

You may not like my advice (or want it) but from what you've said, you are breeding this litter purely for your family. In that case, you could have done yourself a favour (and your girl) and found a good breeder that could provide your family with pups.

Breeding can be a wonderful experience. However, it can also break your heart and make you a nervous wreck! If you are only intending on breeding the one litter for family, it really isn't worth it - honestly! Without a Mentor (with years of experience in your breed) to call on 24/7 for help/advice, it's crazy to consider breeding. That's the truth!

From what you've said, your girl is highly likely to be pregnant. If I were you, I'd go about getting a Mentor asap!!! Good luck. I hope everything turns out okay for your girl and any pups she may have.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »