Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 10:45 PM

I Hate Neighbors Sometimes ~rant~

Ok Im sry but Ive got to get this out to people that might understand. The guy that lives in the same apartment building as me is a total ________ () Everytime that I take my dogs out the guy has to come outside. Sometimes he decides to just watch me and my dogs and other times he decides that he needs to yell at me like hes my fricken father. He doesnt like dogs and I get it but holy cow. He yells at me for letting the dogs pee in the yard. Or beause I let them out without a leash. My dogs both have very strong recalls and never wander and are never out with out me. Hes the only one in the building that has an issue. (My apartment is one of 6 in a really large house that was converted.) Its rediculous. My landlord wont say anything to him because he doesnt know how without getting into an argument with the guy. I take care of the lawn and deal with all of that junk so its not like he has anything to worry about. The guy is hardly ever home and when he is hes never out unless I am. Im so tired of this guy trying to take charge of me and staring at my every move when Im outside. Its pretty unnerving honestly. This guy has a short temper and has yelled at me and gotten a bit nasty over the dogs before. Ive told my landlord and he just told me to avoid him. Man I cant wait to move from here!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2007, 11:09 PM
My suggestion would be to inform him that if he doesn't curtail both his language and stop interfering with you and your dogs you will report him to your local harassment office, and also to the police.

Hopefully that will make him think twice before he starts to shout his mouth off again.

I do synthesise with you, because we had the same sort of thing about three years ago with our old next door but one neighbour. Not only did she have ago at both my wife and I about having Dobermann’s (we only had the two then) but she also tried to get all our other neighbours to go against us as well. Fortunately none of our other neighbours were interested as they all got on really well with our dogs.

In the end me and her had a major stand up row on the beach at the back of our houses and I just told her to mind her own f**king business and that if she doesn’t like having the dogs two houses away then she should bloody move.

Thankfully about a month later she put her house up for sale and then moved, (Yes we did all have a party that night).

Colin
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Dont know how it works over there but cant you get the police involved?
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Awww, I hope things get better... People like that can be a real pain in the butt after a while, eh?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Does sound like he's a bit weird. Firstly (as my OH often says) if a person doesn't like dogs there's something wrong with them (And i don't think she's refering to the few who may be genuinely scarred - those I feel sorry for and will always avoid)

Secondly, if he always comes out and ogles you when you're walking them, it could be harassment. Very hard to say on this forum but a word to the Police would help if only to let them know you're worried.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:08 AM
I can really understand how irritating that must be. I really hope things get better soon.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:57 AM
This bloke sounds to me like his got a sandwich short of a picnic , i hope that contacting the police might help ,meanwhile in your place i think i would try to avoid him where ever possible,and look around for somewhere dog friendly to move to ,wish you luck sorry not a lot of help .
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 10:16 AM
There must be something the police can do? Goodluck.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I havent called them yet cause I was trying to get my landlord to deal with him. (You'd think he would ) But I do say this the next time that man even so much as looks at me funny Im going to call. As far as moving we are in the Navy and are moving pretty soon anyway so there is no point in trying to find another place for a couple of months. I like it here apart from that jerk downstairs. Its also VERY hard to find a place that will allow 1 dog let alone 2. Most places around wont allow you to have any pets no matter what it is. Its sad and annoying IMO. O well thanks for letting me rant.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
I havent called them yet cause I was trying to get my landlord to deal with him. (You'd think he would ) But I do say this the next time that man even so much as looks at me funny Im going to call. As far as moving we are in the Navy and are moving pretty soon anyway so there is no point in trying to find another place for a couple of months. I like it here apart from that jerk downstairs. Its also VERY hard to find a place that will allow 1 dog let alone 2. Most places around wont allow you to have any pets no matter what it is. Its sad and annoying IMO. O well thanks for letting me rant.
Try and call his bluff and say uve already informed the police and if he carries on you will have an injunction taken out on him so that he wont be able to approach you. You never know it might work
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >