Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 04:56 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 13th June, 2020

Good morning everyone, have a good day and stay safe and well, that goes for your four legged friends too. I have had a bad night. Up and down to the loo. I must stop drinking tea late in the afternoon and early evening.

Kelly, hope mum is much improved and will soon be allowed home. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2020, 08:07 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Nice warm sunny day here today. Not much planned just pottering and a delivery of bird food arriving. Ordered yesterday first email said arriving Monday which we thought was quick, just checked emails and arriving this morning by 10.30 how good is that.
We have spent £65 on mealworms, peanut granules and sunflower hearts.
5kg mealworms, 6kg peanuts and 6kg sunflower
heart chips. We spend so much on silly bags 1 weeks ago nearly £30 on mealworms and sunflower hearts that we thought it would be better to buy
in bulk. Plus free delivery.
Dilloon ie eating well still but we might be taking to the vet sooner rather than later possibly. Early hours Gorden was up and Dillon jumped up and ran to him whimpering for a cuddle.
Did it again in the garden a bee was near him and he did the same thing and came to me.
We had been on the park and he saw a rabbit and gave chase a canter not full on run did some rolling about, ate his breakfast ok after the episode, so we are wondering are his joints hurting sometimes when he gets up.
Will monitor him make a note over the next couple of days and then decide if the vet is needed or not.
I worry sillily now due to his age.

griff how awful for your mum and you.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Good Morning all

Griff I have no idea what to say why have you been lied to? What have they said about your Mom's money? Its terrible, given the lockdown and no visitors etc it looks like as a good friend of mine says of people straying from the path "gone feral"

Moyra Hope your tummy has settled a little, very tiring being up and down in the night.

Lynn Awww hope Dillon is okay, worrying times as the clock ticks.
the birds will adore you.

Chris Dave sounds like he is being stoic looking forward to getting the flat sorted, what does your lad think bet he has views. LOL

Brenda Hope you are good?

Sue Washing on the line here well bedding and more in the machine hope it stays a dry as it is.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 08:50 AM
Well been out with Gert, the corner shop is open again he closed for the 12 weeks as he is 73 at least. But open again now complete with screen by his till. LOL Sitting here and had a slice of gammon and scrambled eggs with tomatoes for breakfast as its the weekend. It is my Dad's birthday today he
would be 91 if he were still alive. Watching Gardeners World which I recorded yesterday as I decide on my day. Have a good one all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn, Kazz and all who follow

Oh dear Kelly how awful for your mum.Do hope they do something to find who stole her money. Hope she is still improving

Do hope Dillon improves over the next couple of days Lynn and that it is only a strain and nothing more.

Hope you manage to get a rest Moyra today

Well done Kazz hope the washing dries well.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and done a bit of hoeing round the garden nothing else is planned. Last night Teazle kept barking on and off for an hour. I had gone to bed but B`ry was with her. He let her out a couple of times but she continued. So got up told her I was not happy with her, took her out and she did a wee and then I told her to go to bed and shut up as I was not happy She was quiet for the rest of the night so don't know what was up with her. Like you Lynn as she is now 10.5 yrs I do worry that something is going wrong but she is back to normal today.

Hope all are well

Hve a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 11:27 AM
Oh gosh Lynn, hope Dillon will be o.k
Moyra, hope your tummy is better soon
Kazz, sorry your dad's not here for his birthday
Sue...hope tonight is quieter for you
O.k so here goes.....I was calling the hospital, asking how mum was, being told she was fine..she wasn't. Then mum was told she was going to respite, she wasn't happy neither were we. Then she was told she was going to a rehab unit at a neighbouring hospital where she could have visitors ( she can't...it's closed site) she was getting her own room there...no, they are reserved for the illest of patients. She was told yesterday she was going to rugby and to pack her stuff up....she packed, had literally just finished and was told she wasn't going to rugby today, so she asked would it be Saturday...no, you aren't going there, you are going to a care home!! She went mental and was told later in the day that as she needs a hospital bed it was on order and if it didn't arrive quickly enough, she would be sent to rugby if someone needed to be admitted to the hospital.. she said o.k, that's fine she would prefer to go and stay there....she was told, oh no .. it's not
permanent, as soon as your bed arrives at the care home, you will be transported over there!!! It's absolutely disgusting the way she and myself have been lied to repeatedly, I have asked in numerous occasions for the Dr or consultant to call me.... she's been there nearly 4 weeks and no Dr has spoken to me... despite me calling the desk and asking to talk to her Dr knowing full well she was actually sat next to the phone. And of course, to top it off, the Money has been stolen and their answer was just to get in touch with pals if we want to take it further
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Happy Birthday to your dad Kazz.
Sue hope Teazle settles tonight.
That sounds exactly like what happened to Gill griff told they were going here there or home mostly in her case then she wasn't. So upsetting for everyone especially the patient.
She never had money stolen though.

Rang the vet in the end as we had another 2 whimpering sessions. I have been there and back and come back with Pardale it's paracetamol and codeine we are trying this till Monday to see if helps if not he will have to go in to be looked and determine whether it's orthopedic or not. Hoping these tablets work as he will have to go in without us and that is going to be a nightmare.
He has 3 of his 6 daily as soon as I got in. Something is definitely hurting a certain way he behaves. I got home Gorden opened the top door he rushed up the hall front paws on the door and was fine.
Had his tablets, went in the garden came in over the step and cried.
We have now put his ramp there to see if that helps. Something is going on just got to try to get to the bottom of it.
Everything crossed these tablets work for him.
I have cried on the phone to the vet and had a good cry at home to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 01:05 PM
Awwww Lynn, hoping these tablets do the job!! When I have to take deags, I give the lead to the vet and leg it and hide behind the car... literally just crouch down so she can't see me, trots off perfectly happy then, if she can see me...she won't budge!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2020, 01:50 PM
I think if he has to see Katherine if we can walk him to the door hopefully he will do what he does when we are all inside the waiting room get excited about the vet and go.
Hoping he doesn't have to would be my preferred option and that the painkillers work for him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Understandably so... you don't want your pet in the vet at anytime...let alone the current situation
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >