Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 10:33 PM

I made a new furry friend tonight :-)

i went to a bbq with my dad, his partner and her daughter and grandson and there was quite a few people.
there next door neighbours have a massive rottie that insisted she must inspect everyone before they went in, she was lovely.

she is the first rottie i have ever met and she was soo sweet, spent the rest of the evening with her snuggled next to me asking to be fussed. really wanted to sneak her home lol she was a big girl, very muscley shoulders but all she wanted was some attention (the guy said he isnt sure if the owners take care of her very well) think thats why she was loving all the attention

it was a bit hard trying to persuade my dad that she was a nice dog and not going to turn any second and attack everyone though (i did manage to get him to say hello before we left)
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I have only ever met lovely rotties - grew up with one too!

Glad you made a new furry friend... and bet she loved being fussed over!!

Ps. you must get a (much) bigger handbag... to aid the smuggling home of this dog!! hehe.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 10:42 PM
i havnt ever even seen them around but she was soo sweet. she placed herself right between my legs with her head in my arms (her head was huge lol)

i think they may be a little suspicious if i turn up one day with a suitcase lol
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
i think they may be a little suspicious if i turn up one day with a suitcase lol
Yeah, just a bit!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 06:25 AM
I too would have been tempted to smuggle her out. I LOVE rotties! She sounds gorgeous!
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-09-2010, 08:34 AM
you could get one of these http://www.attackchi.org.au/ and call it a fat poodle bust sorry havent seen your rottie lol
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2010, 11:08 AM
haha, that would be interesting lol my fat poodle

i love them to, they are such good looking dogs and she was so friendly
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I think I would have pinched her to. I used to babysit a couple of children and they had they most beautiful Rotty. I used to put the kids to bed then snuggle up on the sofa with Bella and watch videos. I used to cancel going out with friends, to babysit the kids because I love snuggling with her so much.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Isn't it lovely when that happens. Especially when it's a breed you hear so many bad things about.

The first one I ever met was right after that poor wee lassie was killed by rottweilers back in the late 80's.

I saw this big rottie at the end of a hall where I worked and thought to myself 'oh my god!' until she came up wiggling her bum and then proceeded to lean pointedly on me until all that was holding me up was a wall so I would pet her.

I completely fell in love with her and I would spend afternoons playing with her, she'd come along to the office I was working in with her toy and drop it on my feet

Beautiful dogs though, and I learned my lesson not to judge a book by it's cover.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:07 PM
i did the same thing hen i first saw her, i was a little worried as she was just kinda running round and i didnt know her. (know i shouldnt judge them but its hard when you hear all the stories)

but once she came and said hello and was leaning on me for fuss i just spent the rest of the evening with her she had some of lamb to (sneakily as i felt bad with her watching me lol) but i do love them.