Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 06:57 PM

he's come of age

Our border terrier seems to have finally woken up,he's normally very placid, never barks etc even when the door knocks,but the last week he seems to have woken up he is now barking at the door,the postman and noises he hears.
Sal
Dangermouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
aww bless, how old is he? My terv Indy started to notice the world around her when she was about 5-7 months old. Started barking at things, and got that fear stage, where things sormally familiar suddenly scare the dog, and it is like they need to learn all over again. It wasn't as drastic as it sounds, and lasted for a few weeks. She still barks at everything though!
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Aw bless him. Can't say the same about Harvey he can be very vocal. Especially in the back garden. He now immediately starts barking the minute he goes out which is really annoying. I think he does it to let everyone know he's about! He went through this before and I used the mikki discs which stopped it for about 6 months but he has started it again. Once he's done his business I call him back in, nothing worse than a dog mouthing off for no apparent reason.