Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 24th October, 2019

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well and you four legged friends also. Have a good day wrap up warm and dry and stay safe and well.

I don't know where everyone got to yesterday there were only about three postings. I hope its not because you are all ill. Take care, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 07:09 AM
Morning Moyra all ok here touching wood as I say it. Hope you are keeping well. I expect they were all catching up on gardening or something. Have a good day and everyone else.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 08:03 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

All good here too. I expect Griff was feeing unwell as it ws the day of the little white pills

Dull and damp here so will see what the day throws at me

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay sfe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Good morning all or Good afternoon.

Been to work today and now its raining. Cold too proper Autumn weather.

Sorry not on yesterday for some reason thought I had posted then obviously had not. Oppps
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Rain rain go away. Just heard from Kelly she thinks she has norovirus. In lots of pain. I've told her to get better quickly. Poor girly.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon all.

Aw, Kelly. Norovirus is nasty. Get better soon girl.

So much for the flu jab. Dave has been terrible over the last couple of day with ......... flu. I've never seen anyone shake so much. He seems to be a bit better this morning thank heavens.

My skin hurts!! Shingles are not nice they are bloody painful

I'm just glad we stocked up on paracetamol because we are going down 'em like a dose of salts. Still, hopefully, this means a disease free Christmas
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Well I suppose I could join the "poorly club" my chest infection is in fact walking pneumonia (i.e mild or atypical) apparently. Feel okay now and antibiotics till next Monday then go back to Docs see if I need to continue.

I actually feel really quite okay now just the cough and a bit tired.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Oh my word you poor lot. Must admit I am struggling too Keep your pecker up all of you poorly people. I shall take to an early bed. Take care all. Hope you feel better tomorrow. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-10-2019, 07:07 PM
'evening all

Yes, i was one who didn't come on yesterday, Alena was ill went to doctors and told it was some kind of virus going round he said she was otherwise OK take Paracetamol every four hours, keep warm, some over the counter medicine, she's a lot better today thank heavens.

I was due a sixth (and final) chemo session last Monday but the consultant cancelled it, I think he wants to see the results of the CTscan which I will have next week. So I have been quite good this week.

It's rained all day here so doggies had only a short walk, TBH they don't like the rain any more than we do

Moyra mentioned the Brexit fiasco recently, I don't usually comment on political matters on here but I have to say that if there's a 'Monster Raving Looney' party candidate at the next election I shall definately vote for him.

Before I retired if I was tasked with completeing a project in 6 months and I went back to my boss and told him it was not done he might (Possibly) give me another 6 months. If it still wasn't done after a year and I had some good reasons he might (possibly) give me another 6 months, but after a year & half the converstaion would go something like this:-
Me - "Sorry boss still not done that project (followed by a load of excuses )
Boss -"Well I'm sorry Harvey, it's not acceptable,we'll have to let you go, here's your P45"

These muppets in parliament have had three & half years to get this sorted and still they want more time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'evening all

Yes, i was one who didn't come on yesterday, Alena was ill went to doctors and told it was some kind of virus going round he said she was otherwise OK take Paracetamol every four hours, keep warm, some over the counter medicine, she's a lot better today thank heavens.

I was due a sixth (and final) chemo session last Monday but the consultant cancelled it, I think he wants to see the results of the CTscan which I will have next week. So I have been quite good this week.

It's rained all day here so doggies had only a short walk, TBH they don't like the rain any more than we do

Moyra mentioned the Brexit fiasco recently, I don't usually comment on political matters on here but I have to say that if there's a 'Monster Raving Looney' party candidate at the next election I shall definately vote for him.

Before I retired if I was tasked with completeing a project in 6 months and I went back to my boss and told him it was not done he might (Possibly) give me another 6 months. If it still wasn't done after a year and I had some good reasons he might (possibly) give me another 6 months, but after a year & half the converstaion would go something like this:-
Me - "Sorry boss still not done that project (followed by a load of excuses )
Boss -"Well I'm sorry Harvey, it's not acceptable,we'll have to let you go, here's your P45"

These muppets in parliament have had three & half years to get this sorted and still they want more time.
Losos I think the 'Monster Raving Looney' party are much to sensible to be caught up with this disaster.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >