Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 19th October, 2019

Good morning all, Big Brexit vote today. Shall be glad when it is sorted out once and for all.

I hope you are all fit and well you and your doggies. Harvey and Kelly hope you two are doing better too.

Have a good day all, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. No idea what Brexit is and doubt anyone who is sane understands it either. bg!! Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Do hope everything works out this time for Gary Chris and that he settles and that will be one worry off your mind

Raining hard when I got up but stopped at about 8ish so took the chance to get out. Started again abut 5 minutes from home so not too bad. Had her ladyship's coat on so she is not too wet. Off to son's graduation ceremony today so will treat them all to a meal out.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Good morning all. It is damp/wet here, put the bedding in but now think it may nor of been a decision that will get me line dried washing. LOL

Chris Hope something comes of this for Gary, my sister is in a similar position with my nephew Jack as they get older he gets stronger and she and my BIL are now looking for a "residential for him" they have found a place now just the funding and introducing Jack slowly with respite they have visited and he was very happy there for the two so far "trial days"

Griff At times hibernation is a option I sometimes wish we had. Hope all is good with you.

Sue Have a lovely time at the graduation, and a nice meal afterwards too. When does he start work?

Moyra No you did not sound maudlin or down the other day just an inquiry. LOL I think given the circumstances Steve is forever going to be your housemate.

Brenda I have totally lost all sense of what Brexit is every other statement at times sounds like one we have heard previously and then rejected or had rejected. Seems to me the will of the people at voting was to come out everyone says that's what they want to happen but throw everything in the way to prevent it. I wonder if hindsight would change the views/votes.

Losos Glad you felt well enough to do something.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Good morning all from a cold and cloudy Skegness.

It's looking like it could all fall flat on it's ass again regarding there even being a Brexit vote in Parliament. Turned off the TV this morning as it's makes the soaps look sane and sensible.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Big decision today. Do I take to son's graduation ceremony my camcorder which fits into a pocket or my professional Nikon D810 camera which is a bit of a lump.

Griff

Ben is being messed about by the NHS. as soon as he meets one requirement they ask for another. They don't even inform him of what they want when they offer him a job. First off it was proof of a TB jab, he had to get tested then go and have one. Now they want 2 references which he didn't know about.This causes a problem as he has been living in Brazil for the last 10 years. That is on top of having a criminal record check and several interviews

To be honest I don't think the NHS want to employ anyone so they can keep complaining about being short staffed.This is typical of the NHS they don't know how to communicate to the general public let alone potential employees.

Like all large organisations with management, or lack of, something beyond their capabilities
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Big decision today. Do I take to son's graduation ceremony my camcorder which fits into a pocket or my professional Nikon D810 camera which is a bit of a lump.

Griff

Ben is being messed about by the NHS. as soon as he meets one requirement they ask for another. They don't even inform him of what they want when they offer him a job. First off it was proof of a TB jab, he had to get tested then go and have one. Now they want 2 references which he didn't know about.This causes a problem as he has been living in Brazil for the last 10 years. That is on top of having a criminal record check and several interviews

To be honest I don't think the NHS want to employ anyone so they can keep complaining about being short staffed.This is typical of the NHS they don't know how to communicate to the general public let alone potential employees.

Like all large organisations with management, or lack of, something beyond their capabilities
Take the professional camera this occasion only happens once. Use the best you have to capture the memory. Just my opinion.

The NHS seems to be to be a large organisation that has many limbs but no single brain in control. Would it matter this day and age where the references come from in the World.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Tumbleweed the saying too many chiefs and not enough Indians springs to mind! The NHS have managers for everything and they actually can't manage! I am convinced half the job titles are made up things lol
Kazz, I could really do with hibernating now lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 12:38 PM
In this World of technology, surely they would accept references by fax or email.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In this World of technology, surely they would accept references by fax or email.
Totally agree. It does not really matter where in the World the person giving the reference is even in this country they ask for referees email.
Wonder why they want two more references. Two is normally sufficient I thought.