Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 09:34 AM

Aerosols are they allowed on flights?

Was going to get my son some deodrant yesterday at Asda for his trip to Italy on Wednesday and forgot I then remembered perhaps they aren't allowed on aircraft - I can't remember whether they are or not. Laura thinks they are but I just wanted to check before I got him some. It would be in his case because he isn't taking hand luggage. Also if they are allowed are they reasonably safe or could they explode because if there is a danger of this then I would rather get him a non-aerosol one but these arern't as powerful are they.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 09:38 AM
They were allowed but only in hand luggage because they can explode due to pressure in the main hold But since 9/11 and such like things may have changed, who is he flying with?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
They were allowed but only in hand luggage because they can explode due to pressure in the main hold But since 9/11 and such like things may have changed, who is he flying with?
Hi Zubes - it's Ryan Air he is flying with (Is that a British airline - I haven't a clue )
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I dont think you can take it anymore Its all got a bit strict you cant even carry a drink! Their website is less than helpful

Customers must NOT carry the following items through security in their hand baggage:
Liquid cosmetics - However, solid cosmetics may now be taken in hand baggage
All toiletries
All liquids
All drinks
Cigarette lighters
No gels, pastes, lotions, (e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.)
Hand baggage CAN contain the following:
Electronic equipment, including laptops, mobile phones and portable music and DVD players.
Prescribed medicines in liquid or tablet form e.g. diabetic medicines
Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle MUST be tasted by the parent)
All electronic equipment will need to be removed from the item of hand baggage and screened separately.
Pushchairs and walking aids will be permitted but must be x-ray screened and searched.

Baggage What items are prohibited in checked in baggage?
Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades, mines and explosives. Gases: propane, butane. Flammable liquids, including gasoline, methanol, flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, firelighters, fireworks, flares. Oxidizers and organic peroxides, including bleach, car body repair kits. Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison, infected blood, radioactive material, including medicinal or commercial isotopes. Corrosives, including mercury, vehicle batteries, and vehicle fuel system components which have contained fuel.
Guns, firearms, ammunition and weapons (including replica items), paints, Christmas crackers, items with internal combustion engines such as chainsaws, model aircraft, lawnmowers, etc., may not be carried in any baggage (whether checked or unchecked)
Note: Any sharp objects in checked-in baggage should be securely wrapped to prevent injury to screeners and handling personnel.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Hmmm doesn't look like he will be able to take it then does it So toothpaste and shampoo is okay in his case is it?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Why dont you get him a roll on instead and yes shampoo and stuff is ok as long as its got no explosives in it?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:19 AM
You can take it Foxy, just has to be in his case.
I've always taken aerosol cans in my case.

Everything is ok in his case, don't worry

Don't know whats changed since I went away a few weeks ago - but going out, you can't carry any liquids in your hand baggage, unless you bought them at the airport - after passport control.

Coming back home, carry what you want, cos no one even checks lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
You can take it Foxy, just has to be in his case.
I've always taken aerosol cans in my case.

Everything is ok in his case, don't worry
Oh right thanks Hevvur thats brilliant because he is at that age where he definitely needs some help in that department
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Why dont you get him a roll on instead and yes shampoo and stuff is ok as long as its got no explosives in it?
Thanks Zuba oh thank goodness the shampoo and toothpaste are alright. I am going to be an emotional wreck on Tuesday night - packing is going to be a nightmare cos I will be putting it in and he will be pulling it out
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Foxy, don't worry, honestly

Anything he needs cosmetics wise - can be taken in his case.
If he was taking hand luggage, all he couldn't take in it is liquids.

If you forget anything, he will be able to buy it over there!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >