Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Goodness Chris, you are kept busy
Kazz, sounds like you have been busy too
Lynn.... hope you get your viewing done soon
Kota got on ok at the vets..was in there about 2seconds so needn't have sedated her
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Fence has turned into a right nightmare, they didn't do what mum wanted, so are coming back, they have had to temporarily patch a bit of my old fence onto my neighbours side, he is hoping to be back next week to sort it and basically she is getting a really fancy fence panel and concrete post for free but she is not happy! My parents are paying. I was in the garden and could see her face, where they took the old posts out there's a gap beneath the panel and her garden, it will be sorted but I could see the look on her face...I know exactly how this is going to go...moan moan. She also said that on the previous visit the fencer was rude and made a comment...I told my mum what was said and both her and my dad said that isn't what was said at all. I just want the whole thing over with, I am going to be dreading the next week
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Neighbours are wonderful things

Our neighbour decided in their wisdom that it was OK to have a porch extension fall pipe leading to nothing right on the boundary line. This was well before we moved in. We didn't know anything about it but worried that the garden was getting very waterlogged - especially the part near to the bungalow. Hubby finally investigated and saw the problem. He did talk to the neighbour but by this time dementia was getting a grip so hubby bought a long piece of wide drain pipe and put a bend on it. He fastened this over the fall pipe so now the water goes through the pipe and around to the bottom of the neighbours garden. He also drained the back of our garden. The garden next door must be like the original marshland it was built on when we have heavy rain, but at least our bungalow is safe and we don't get the swimming pool effect any more. When the wife next door eventually dies (she's in her mid eighties and has many health problems) then we'll sort it properly with the estate agent and if necessary the planning department as the porch built onto their garage never had permission granted
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2