Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Vibes for my mums dog please :(

Thorn, my mums 11 month old lurcher appeared out of the woods with a severed artery on his leg, he weighs in at 40kg and my mum is tiny and was in the middle of nowhere with no one around. It took her almost 3 hours to get him to the vets, he has lost an immense amount of blood and had lost consciousness by the time he got to the vets.
I'm just about to take sadie to my mums as they are likely to need her for a blood transfusion later on.

Fingers crossed he pulls through.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Poor Thorn and poor mum, that must have been so distressful for them both. Loads of get well soon vibes from me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Positive vibes form here for Thorn.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh how horrible, I felt sick when i read that. Your mum must have been beside herself. The very strongest healing vibes being sent from here
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Just had a call from my mum, she has heard from the vets and he is out of surgery, he's had a transfusion and pumped full of fluids, the 'slice' was just below his stopper pad and he has damaged tendons so will be splinted for 4 weeks minimum.

Heard the full story and it turns out that as my mum lives on a boat, she had to run a few miles back, leaving him with an elderly lady who was trying to stop the bleeding, found a strong man who literally ran and carried him the distance back and took him to local village vet who couldnt cope with him, luckily a lady who walked into the vets with her dogs saw the blood and took them both to a larger vet hospital a few miles away.
Luckily i'm moving to the same village in a couple of weeks so will be able to help if anything like this happens again!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:45 PM
That's just horrendous, your poor poor mum. She's lucky so many nice people helped. Glad to here he got through surgery. Poor Thorn.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Hope he is ok.

I had a similar thing with my retriever x when he was a pup, he cut his front and back legs open on one side on a barbed wire fence and his heart stopped just as he was put into the vets arms, thankfully he made a complete recovery and is now 11, so hopefully it will be the same for your mums boy.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Wishing Thorn a speedy and full recovery, your poor mum must be worried sick. All the best for him xxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh, poor thorn that must have been so distressing for your mum! I hope he makes a full recovery.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
OMG poor Thorn So relieved to hear that he came round from surgery fine and wish him a swift recovery x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >